Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lizzo Olympia 10th November

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭IrishAlice

I got really lucky and managed to get 3 tickets at face value. Three of us were trying for tickets and I was the only one who managed to get anything.

Definitely the bulk of them were already gone on presale.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭snor

The fact that 1 person could buy up to 8 tickets meant there was never a hope. I was at Ticketmaster booth and they got 0 tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,414 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Ticketmaster really is a despicable organisation and I hate that every event goes through them.

Totally dishonest practices.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭bennyl10

The vast majority for this went in presale.
    Yes the resale and premium are annoying

But for a venue this size presale was always gonna take up the majority

• Registered Users Posts: 28,414 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

bennyl10 wrote: »
    The vast majority for this went in presale.
    Yes the resale and premium are annoying

But for a venue this size presale was always gonna take up the majority

I don't believe all available tickets sold out in 6 seconds. Ticketmaster are not being straight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭Zardoz

murpho999 wrote: »
    Ticketmaster really is a despicable organisation and I hate that every event goes through them.

Totally dishonest practices.

Yes and I'm afraid their monopoly is only going to get worse after the Irish regulator approved Livenations takeover of MCD

https://completemusicupdate.com/article/irelands-competition-regulator-approves-live-nations-mcd-deal/

The UK regulator isnt happy
    https://completemusicupdate.com/article/uk-regulator-raises-concerns-about-live-nations-mcd-acquisition/

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Big strange that face value tickets were listed at €30.50 - €49.50 and then suddenly there were premium tickets available at €140 even though there was no mention of them pre sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Big strange that face value tickets were listed at €30.50 - €49.50 and then suddenly there were premium tickets available at €140 even though there was no mention of them pre sale?

Very suspicious allright.

What was really sneaky is that at 10am when the event went live on the app ,that the Platinum tickets were selected as default so people unwittingly searched for these instead of the normal tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Zardoz wrote: »
    Very suspicious allright.

What was really sneaky is that at 10am when the event went live on the app ,that the Platinum tickets were selected as default so people unwittingly searched for these instead of the normal tickets.

This saga confirms Dublin is crying out for a mid size venue to accommodate new/flash in the pan artists. Nothing we don't know already. Olympia is totally wrong for Lizzo.

She's shockingly overrated regardless - "Juice" sounds like written by a gang of millennials stealing the sound of their parents old cassettes to do a garage concert.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Platinum tickets weren't an original option. That came across more of a resale title to catch people who were desperate for a ticket after they sold out.
    murpho999 wrote: »
    I don't believe all available tickets sold out in 6 seconds. Ticketmaster are not being straight.

About 400 tickets went on sale that morning, you only need 200 people online waiting in the queue for 10am, looking for 2 tickets each so of course it would be sold in a split second. The tickets get assigned and unless you drop them from your cart, or time out, they wouldn't be going back through to anyone else in the queue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Have said it before but for concerts that are going to be in demand, lower the max number that can be bought by 1 person1 booking.
    So for a gig like this, make it 2 per person/booking..
    More people can go and makes it less likely that they will be on sale on gogo.
    If 4 people are looking to go, let them all try themselves instead of allowing each person to buy up to 8 tickets which means 4 people could end up with 32 tickets between them! :eek:.
    Most people using e tickets nowadays so not as if there's any extra costs involved.
    It's T/M though so no chance they will do anything about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,260 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Did this sell out?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,067 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Did this sell out?

In record time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

if anyone happens to have 1 or 2 spares for this please PM me.
    needed for a bday present! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 85,260 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I wonder how much Leo V paid for his ticket or did he write her a note

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭lola85

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I wonder how much Leo V paid for his ticket or did he write her a note

Who cares?

Advertisement