Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

philips outdoor motion sensor.

Options
  • 08-07-2019 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭

Just got one and not having much success.
    I want it to switch on and off after a period of time a few sonoff wifi switches or other type of wifi switch if sonoff doesnt work.

I cant see an option in the philips app to switch anything other than philips light bulbs.

Also i cant see it at all on google home.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

The philips motion sensors, both indoors and outdoors only work with Philips Hue lights * connected to a Hue bridge.

* some third party bulbs that can connect to the Hue bridge can also work.

These sensors don't work with any smart plugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭studdlymurphy

That's a pity, I was going tomput a few sensors around a yard and have led flood lights on wifi switches that would turn on when the sensor was acticated the philips floodlights are expensive. Any other option for this setup?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭THE ALM

That's a pity, I was going tomput a few sensors around a yard and have led flood lights on wifi switches that would turn on when the sensor was acticated the philips floodlights are expensive. Any other option for this setup?
    Thanks

You could look at running Homeassistant on a Rpi and setting up automations to do what you want that way. Node-red could also be installed on Homeassistant and give a lot of scope for various automations.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Thanks

A few options:

- Hue outdoor lights, expensive as you say
    - Regular Hue indoor lights in waterproof enclosures (I do this myself, but no guarantees of course).
    - Smartthings hub + smartthings sensors to trigger the smart plugs. Though note the smartthings sensors aren't waterproof. Though perhaps you could find outdoor waterproof thirdparty zigbee or z-wave motion sensors.
    - I think Home Assitant might be able to use the Hue motion sensors to trigger smart plugs, though that requires a bit more tecnical experience to setup and maintain.

Haha, beaten by 2 minutes by The Alm on Home Assistant suggestion :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement