Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Alarm Battery Fault

Options
  • 20-11-2011 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

Morning all,

I was going to install a new light fitting today, so went to isolate the electricity via the circuit breaker.

It turns out the lights are wired to the same fuse as the alarm, and once tripped, the alarm bell starts sounding. So im not going to install the light fitting while annoying my neighbours!

Checked the panel and it says "battery fault".

So, can I just open up the box in the hotpress to change the battery myself? Im guessing its one of the 12v 7amp ones? Will this set off the tamper alarm? Or can I just stick it on engineering mode to do the light fitting, and change the battery later?

Out of interest, to get to engineering mode, is it a matter of just keying in 04567?

Will defo change the battery as I dont want the alarm going off in the event of a real power cut!

Thanks,

MNIM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭altor

It is easy enough to change the battery on this system, just make sure you turn off the mains before opening the control panel. The engineer code you refer to is the default engineer code, this would of being changed to something else by the installer. If the alarm activates when you open the control panel, simply enter your user code to turn the alarm off. When the system is down powered the external bell will activate. Nothing you can do about it without getting up at the bell but once you put the battery in again just put in your user code to turn off the alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭My name is Mud

Thanks for the quick response Altor. Thats great advice. I'll get one of the batteries and install.

Just to be sure - im ok to open the box in the hotpress? This wont setoff any other alarms?

Yes, once you turn off the mains then you will be ok to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 billygruff

Hi,
    I have a HKC SW 1070 Secure Wave hybrid panel, the battery needs to be replaced.
    Would a 12V 3.4Ah battery do the job?
    The old battery is 12V 7.4Ah, the electrical shop did not have a 12V 7.4Ah battery with terminals that would fit the battery connectors on my alarm panel (i.e. battery connection was too big for battery spade type connectors on my panel), so they gave me a smaller battery with connections that would fit.

Anyway, I am just wondering if a 12V 3.4Ah battery work ok before I install it.

By the way, the electrical shop charged 14 euro for the 12V 3.4Ah battery (not sure how that price rates)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

That battery will do fine. The 7 amp one would last longer in the event of a prolonged outage, but what you got was fine. Price OK as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 billygruff

Thanks very much for quick reply KoolKid, will install battery now, cheers

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Your welcome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭travist

altor wrote: »
    It is easy enough to change the battery on this system, just make sure you turn off the mains before opening the control panel. The engineer code you refer to is the default engineer code, this would of being changed to something else by the installer. If the alarm activates when you open the control panel, simply enter your user code to turn the alarm off. When the system is down powered the external bell will activate. Nothing you can do about it without getting up at the bell but once you put the battery in again just put in your user code to turn off the alarm.

Similar to above, I have a battery fault light on the keypad and am hoping to change the battery. (Alarm is still working okay).

When I turn off the mains power, the alarm triggers. At this point, when I enter my standard alarm code into the keypad, it does not stop the alarm.

Is this normal? To replace, I will need to turn off the main electricity and then try replace the battery? (The internal siren is beside the fuse board soI'll need earplugs!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

Yes that is normal, firstly the external siren unit needs a constant feed, when that fails, it activates. Or alternatively your battery is in a very bad state and is actually sucking power from your control panel.

So yes ear plugs and a fresh battery, you will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭travist

thanks Kub!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 gavin2345

So there was a black out where I live and house alarm went off and once power was restored there is a battery fault on the alarm. What do I do? Please help

Yes, you need to change the battery.
    What make of system do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gavin2345

I don't know tbh.. Will have to open it tomorrow and get the replacement battery. I have no manuals or models no. of it... Will need to get the kids out of the house because when the alarm went off at 4am the siren box and circuit box is in a built in wardrobe in the kids room upstairs and is super excessively loud...

It's most likely a 12 volt DC rechargeable battery. If you post a picture of the keypad I can tell you for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭lostinNaas

hi
    can anyone tell me what panel battery I need for a HKC Q70?
    Would like to get the replacement before I open it up,
    thanks!

HHHC252C, 9.6V, 2,400mAh, NiMH
    3bb1473bd1d76e21d4732f2630da457b.image.229x200.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kudlaty922

hello. have question about my alarm.
    show me battery fault
    say on the screen
    RF battery low contact engineer
    alarm is HKC model don't know but user manual say SW-1070/SW-10120/SW20140
    what battery is that from PIR or in main box? how check which and what battery is it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

It's telling you a wireless device needs a battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kudlaty922

ok but how check what is it have few PIR and few windows panic also. can i just replace battery my self?
    if so need anything to do in settings?
    or just open PIR change battery and put back together and done.

I'd recommend replacing them all together & be done with it. Otherwise they will just become so staggered.
    If you are replacing the main panel battery you may need the engineer code to reset the battery timer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭neonman

I have the same panel battery fault on a HKC SecureWatch alarm. Do I need the same 12v 7.4Ah battery mentioned above from previous posters? If so do you know of any places on the Northside of Dublin that sell them?

Thanks.

Yes . This is the battery you need

12v-7ah-Battery-260204.jpg

REW in Finglas would be handy for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭neonman

KoolKid wrote: »
    Yes . This is the battery you need

12v-7ah-Battery-260204.jpg

REW in Finglas would be handy for you.

Thanks KoolKid

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

*Please ignore. I got this sorted.*

Hi folks,

Could anyone out here provide some advice on this issue I am having. The battery fault must be there for over a year now but recently stared to see a Z1 Front Door fault showing on the panel.

I have attached two images of the panel and one I presume where he replacement batter would go.

Any help greatly appreciated.

http://tinypic.com/r/dbruig/9
    http://tinypic.com/r/2hogw11/9
    http://tinypic.com/r/2la4ewl/9

Thanks,

The main battery in the control panel needs to be replaced.This is in the big box in pic 3. Its a 12vdc 7 amp rechargeable battery you need. Thats the ones pictured above.
    If all your false alarm are on the front door you would probably be best to replace that sensor/contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭kpn

Hi

Any recommendations for a HKC SecureWatch alarm battery ? My panel battery needs replacement , I have the power sonic at present, it seems I can't get the same (I checked with few suppliers). Just wondering is there any one can recommend a good brand, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭kpn

Hi,
    I got the battery now, this discussion thread helped a lot, thanks to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭The_Dave

Not sure if the right thread, but I keep getting a Tamper Alarm going of, happening twice a day now, seems to happen when I hit an electrical switch in the house. Would a low battery be the reason or any ideas? The alarm code is T6 - Shoks Fro Kit, no idea what that's supposed to mean and I've read the alarm manual

It is telling you the devices tamper is opening.

If its doing this with the switching on of a light switch you have a faulty tamper on a device on the circuit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭The_Dave

Thanks, someone here sent a DM about how to loop off the tamper, so will try that

Advertisement