Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blur or Oasis

Options
13»

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,056 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Oasis.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,220 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

tipptom wrote: »
    Not sure if Oasis have stood the test of time.
    If they made a comeback they would sell out for weeks but I think the crowd would be made up of a lot of Garth Brookes/c/w fans,not exactly rock and roll is it?

There was a good programme about Oasis on TG4, which implied that they were influenced by Irish style 'sing along' ballad type music.
    So I suppose you could be onto something with the Garth Brookes crowd.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Suede??
    They were mainly a great marketing trick.
    They were hyped up cleverly before they even released any music.

https://www.timeout.com/sydney/blog/ten-astonishing-facts-about-brit-glam-group-suede-031116

'1992 cover of Melody Maker proclaimed them the ‘Best New Band in Britain’ before they had officially released any music.'

It was well done though.

Suede were, and still are, an excellent band. And they are still coming up with excellent albums. And great band live. Different style music than Blur, Oasis, Pulp etc. Unfair to compare them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

JeanL wrote: »
    Radiohead were in their own class. You wouldn't even think to compare.

I'd say it annoyed Blur to be associated with Oasis and Oasis just played on it more with the media and hype of it. I think they are both good and very different bands.

True, you wouldn't. Both are exponentially superior to anything that dribbling mess of a Thom Yorke was in. They were just noise.

Advertisement