Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Token access to a page, once off

Options
  • 13-07-2019 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭

Im trying to find a bit of software that will left me grant once off access to a page. Basically pay through paypal, get sent to the page, get what you need and then you cant get in again.

Theres lots of wordpress plugins to do the same job but the content Im selling wont work as a wordpress template, or even as an include or iframe in wordpress - so thats not an option. I looking for something off the shelf as a first option - no point reinventing the wheel

Free preferably as it's only three different pages I want to financially restrict access to

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭counterpointaud

Is the content of the page the same for everyone who accesses it, or personalised / unique somehow?

Not aware of any off-the-shelf solutions either way, BTW, but probably they do exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Is the content of the page the same for everyone who accesses it, or personalised / unique somehow?

Not aware of any off-the-shelf solutions either way, BTW, but probably they do exist.

No, wouldn't be personalised. Its a digital juke box system I'm working on so its basically go to a page, select the number of tracks youre paying for , then it kicks you out of the page once you’ve selected (the jukebox system looks after that). Dont want the end user to see the actual page link though

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

You could look into aws cognito or google firebase for managing user access.

https://firebase.google.com/docs/auth/admin/manage-sessions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Advertisement