Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Limerick 2030 Economic Plan

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Construction work on the Hanging Gardens complex on Henry St could restart before the end of the year http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/business/business-news/hanging-gardens-site-sale-nearly-signed-in-limerick-1-5955042

It would be great if this happens. It would be a great signal that Limerick is on it's way back.
    I'm not sure now which is the April Fools article, I thought it was the 5 Mayors one but...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

I'm not sure now which is the April Fools article, I thought it was the 5 Mayors one but...

Why? It's part of the 2030 plan and the council purchased it from NAMA. There is a need for office space in the city and this can be finished relatively quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Why? It's part of the 2030 plan and the council purchased it from NAMA. There is a need for office space in the city and this can be finished relatively quickly.

It's not part of the 2030 plan, as far as I recall.

Obviously, it would be great if it was finished off though.

Some updates from Conn Murray.
      The Hanging Gardens site has gone to tender with construction expected to begin at the end of the year.
      The council completed the purchase of the Cleeves site on Tuesday.
      Work on Colbert Station is to commence this month.
      The council has received received seven serious expressions of interest in developing the Opera Center site.
      An announcement on the plans for Ardmore Studios to lease the former Dell building in Plassey is due in three weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Had to do a quick search for Cleeves and its the Dairy plant! They must be loaded!

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭MilfordBud

Some updates from Conn Murray.
      The Hanging Gardens site has gone to tender with construction expected to begin at the end of the year.
      The council completed the purchase of the Cleeves site on Tuesday.
      Work on Colbert Station is to commence this month.
      The council has received received seven serious expressions of interest in developing the Opera Center site.
      An announcement on the plans for Ardmore Studios to lease the former Dell building in Plassey is due in three weeks.

Any update on the Ardmore plans?

I could only find their CEO saying:
    'I am as surprised as all you are with what I am reading in the papers. I haven't commented in any of the papers.
    'Talks have taken place but we haven't agreed anything, and even if we did, it will not affect anything in Wicklow.'

http://www.independent.ie/regionals/wicklowpeople/news/ardmore-studios-ceo-we-are-staying-in-bray-31289305.html

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭sleepyman

MilfordBud wrote: »

Does this mean the whole Ardmore thing is pie in the sky?The works on the station were meant to start last month-still hasn't happened.It doesn't really seem anything construction wise has started-just a few nice plans.

sleepyman wrote: »
    Does this mean the whole Ardmore thing is pie in the sky?

The local reports never stated that the Wicklow studio would be closing so I don't know where that came from. And she does say that negotiations have taken place with the council, so it's not all pie in the sky.
    Also I notice that the article is dated 13th June, and the Leader article I posted from 12th June stated "An announcement on the plans for Ardmore Studios to lease the former Dell building in Plassey is due in three weeks", which is around now.
    sleepyman wrote: »
    The works on the station were meant to start last month[/B]-still hasn't happened.It doesn't really seem anything construction wise has started-just a few nice plans.

I tweeted Irish Rail in May and they said "Commencement was subject to funding, which is now expected early Q3". If funding is only due around now, it'll be a while longer before it starts.
    Also these works have nothing to do with the council so non movement in other plans doesn't mean non movement here.

Advertisement