Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB prices

Options
  • 28-03-2020 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭

What is the best priced electricity at the moment. Looking for one free day?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

thesultan wrote: »
    What? one free day every week ? If so wont cant happen 'till smart meter install is done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

Excellent bargain

I'll have one electricity please

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    Excellent bargain

I'll have one electricity please

+1

Wuff Wuff :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Go to your MCB consumer unit, turn off the main fuse....

Now your electricity will be free as you don't use any.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

thesultan wrote: »

I'll name that tune in 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,295 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Generally the cheapest is not who you are with now, you need to change regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭A Law

Bonkers or Switcher websites will tell you who's cheaper for your needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,299 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Generally the cheapest is not who you are with now, you need to change regularly.

Electric Ireland discount is ongoing.

The cheapest is to reduce your usage. LED BUlbs modern appliances etc

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

0lddog wrote: »
    What? one free day every week ? If so wont cant happen 'till smart meter install is done

It has been offered by the prepaid meter people

Their other costs are so high you will not save a cent compared to the best non-prepaid option. Ever. They are tools for the utterly broke and/or utterly feckless with money and effectively perpetuate poverty by charging them more than others.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Moved to requests

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 bargainboy66

Electric Ireland discount is ok if you don't switch, if you do you're better off checking a comparison website. The Irish Independent have a new one I think called Choosy, saw the ad for it today in the paper. Finally allowed myself to go out to buy one! :-)

Advertisement