Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HP Touchpad Thread (NO Discussion Of Personal Buying/Selling)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27 MordethTheFox

Got one on Amazon.com's GoldBox deal. €120 euro total. They went amazingly fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Got one on Amazon.com's GoldBox deal. €120 euro total. They went amazingly fast.

Never heard of goldbox deals. Please explain a bit more...

Have you a link?

Never heard of goldbox deals. Please explain a bit more...

Have you a link?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/all-deals?t=slickdeals&tag=slickdeals&type=ld

It's gone now though. Was only the 16gb model so maybe they'll have the 32gb version up later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/all-deals?t=slickdeals&tag=slickdeals&type=ld

It's gone now though. Was only the 16gb model so maybe they'll have the 32gb version up later.

They hardly deliver that here, do they?

Jimdagym wrote: »

It's shipping to me by Priority international courier and they've added Irish import tax so yeah I think it's safe to say they are delivering it to me. I'd screenshot the order but doing all this on my iPad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Jimdagym wrote: »

Yes Amazon.com deliver to Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭Darwin

Picked up a 16gb on ebay for €155 delivered by priority mail, cheapest I could find.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭cas2kx

Any chance that seller is doing anymore of them?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

It's shipping to me by Priority international courier and they've added Irish import tax so yeah I think it's safe to say they are delivering it to me. I'd screenshot the order but doing all this on my iPad.
    Will customs be after you for that though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

But, hark, the Twitter vine reveals one last ray of light. Via follower @benhunt22 I've discovered that HP in the UK may still have a surprise of the price dropping kind in store. His Tweet claims:

"News is they will let us know by 9 AM to 10 AM tomorrow morning. Source: HP customer services".

And so, we wait...

UPDATE:

Another Twitter user @heathrown(Scott Barkla) had the same message from HP UK customer services over the phone today. He tweeted:

"No UK liquidation deals on the HP Touchpad before tomorrow morning between 9am and 10am. Source HPUK customer service today."

via https://plus.google.com/100320175239277283592/posts/hbx56QuyFzt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭bytesize

so what happens if you order one today at the full price? will they refund the difference tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

I'd imagine they would, kind of taking a chance though as you dont know what the reduction will be!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭Darwin

They have none listed at the moment, your best bet is to check ebay regularly (also check the US listings, some sellers might post to Ireland if you ask nicely) But by the sounds of things above you may be able to buy cheaply from this side of the pond yet!
    cas2kx wrote: »
    Any chance that seller is doing anymore of them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭Chris Hansen

Darwin wrote: »
    They have none listed at the moment, your best bet is to check ebay regularly (also check the US listings, some sellers might post to Ireland if you ask nicely) But by the sounds of things above you may be able to buy cheaply from this side of the pond yet!

According to the previous posters article, theres good evidance that the price will only drop as far as £200

According to the previous posters article, theres good evidance that the price will only drop as far as £200

Still not too bad (€228), but not low enough to make me buy.

Still not too bad (€228), but not low enough to make me buy.

No me neither, not really a bargain at that price, i would probably pay no more than €140-150 for it, at 228 your better off with a chineese android tablet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Argos are due a load of these in towards the end of next week,you can reserve them now at full price,may be a sign of a price drop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Argos are due a load of these in towards the end of next week,you can reserve them now at full price,may be a sign of a price drop.

Presume that is instore? They are all out of stock online (for Dublin anyway)

I booked 1 of each in Blanchardstown this morning may be they have all been reserved.

Edit. It can still be reserved in Dundrum,pay no attention to the out of stock,click on reserve now and orders for next week will appear.

• Advertisement

Which retailers of electronic goods price match? If they are still selling them at ridiculous hundred euro we may be able to get them to lower...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

I have one reserved in Limerick. If the price drops then I will be one happy customer (doubt it will though)

Presume that is instore? They are all out of stock online (for Dublin anyway)

Online,follow my instructions above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

hmmm if your doing the argos route, ensure you have a reservation number as the system doesnt seem to be working

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭celj

Rafloution wrote: »
    hmmm if your doing the argos route, ensure you have a reservation number as the system doesnt seem to be working

Nor for me in Cork.

I booked 1 of each in Blanchardstown this morning may be they have all been reserved.

Edit. It can still be reserved in Dundrum,pay no attention to the out of stock,click on reserve now and orders for next week will appear.

Thanks, reserved one for Jervis to collect next week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,945 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Boom chicka wah wah! only managed to reserve the one though? but i got a reservation number! heres praying now! i have fallen for another she can make her own way home!

Yup, got an email with it. Are you getting a blank screen? Try pressing F5 once that comes up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

Tried to reserve three times in argos but got no reservation no. at the end and just got 3 emails with no res no. , still no texts either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,364 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Same here. Tried to reserve, got an email. No reservation number that I can see in the email!

• Advertisement

All the 16GB ones seem to be gone. If you had them in your basket they might have been nabbed somewhere between you clicking 'reserve' and when you got your response.

There are 32GB ones in Naas and Tallaght as of 5 minutes ago. I reserved one and got an email with a reservation number.

baz8080 wrote: »
    All the 16GB ones seem to be gone. If you had them in your basket they might have been nabbed somewhere between you clicking 'reserve' and when you got your response.

There are 32GB ones in Naas and Tallaght as of 5 minutes ago. I reserved one and got an email with a reservation number.

Reserved a 32GB'er maselfh! Hope the price of them are dropped a good bit seeing as they are quite dearer than th 16gb'er

You should get an email and text with the number,try again using a different store.
    Hope I am not being condescending here.

Me too! I'd prefer a 16GB version but I'll hold off until I see the price difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

manu2009 wrote: »
    Tried to reserve three times in argos but got no reservation no. at the end and just got 3 emails with no res no. , still no texts either.

Worked this time with a 32gb version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭Babyblessed

Reserved no probs in Cork Argos but I wont be paying €539.99 for it!

:eek: You bunch of vultures,none left in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

Ive never seen a bargain alert with so many posts that doesnt exist yet :)

:eek: You bunch of vultures,none left in Dublin.

If I get a 16GB elsewhere you can have the 32GB reservation :P

On your marks

Get set

GO!!!

16GB left in dundalk!!!

Thank me yas hoors! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Erm, for how much?

Baza210 wrote: »
    Erm, for how much?

full price, but reserve it until we hear of the price drop :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Baza210 wrote: »
    Erm, for how much?

It's reserved for full whack, I suppose the idea is that the price drop will follow through. On the other hand, it's free to do it.

I just reserved the 32 gig one in Dundrum, collection Aug 31.

If this is going to be the price we all want,€100-150, we won't find out until 3am Wednesday morning at the earliest,of course Argos are well within their rights to dump this as of tomorrow morning,still a man can dream!

Managed to reserve a 32gb in Jervis street. I think Iliac centre had some too.

There's a 16GB showing up in St. Stephen's Green but my attempts to reserve it failed!

I wonder if there's much of a market in reserving loads of tablets and selling the reservation numbers if the prices go down...

edit: clearly this post was a case of "404: sense of humour not found" for a lot of people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

I wonder if there's much of a market in reserving loads of tablets and selling the reservation numbers if the prices go down...

Bit of an asshole thing to do IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭Babyblessed

swingking wrote: »
    Bit of an asshole thing to do IMO

I think it was a bit of a ''tongue in cheek'' comment!:p:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I think it was a bit of a ''tongue in cheek'' comment!:p:rolleyes:

Yeah I really didnt think it was necessary to state that in my original post.

/head-desk

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement