Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ex-boyfriend of Emma Murphy could face deportation

Options
  • 30-07-2015 1:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭

Emma Murphy, the mother of two who uploaded a video of herself talking about abuse she allegedly faced from her ex-partner, is back in the news again.

According to the Sunday World, her ex-partner (who I thought had been born in Ireland, but must not have been) has had a warning placed on his file by Immigration Service officials regarding his status as a suspect in a domestic abuse investigation.

The note "is understood to be an advisory to [her ex-partner's] case-worker on the fact gardai are investigating the 29-year-old in connection over alleged domestic abuse. Permission to reside cannot be revoked in normal circumstances but it can be allowed to expire and then not be renewed. In this particular case the individual in question has been granted a ‘Stamp 4’ that allows him to work freely and set up a business in this country.

“However, as with permission granted to all non EEA persons permission to reside is granted on the basis that the individual obeys the laws of the country and is not a danger to the public.

“A warning regarding the current situation has been placed on his file as an advisory to the case officer dealing with his case.

“A lot would depend on the outcome of the Garda investigation but the case is complicated by the fact the individual has children in this country.”

It's odd, considering many of the people reacting to the original story said things like "he shud be diported". Well, they may have their way now.

Comments

How does this information come out? Garda leaks, right? Why are Gardai leaking that kind of information to the Sunday Rag?

I can understand why a victim of relationship violence, at the end of her tether, would do what Emma Murphy did.

Technically she shouldn't have done it, but lets not go there. The Gardai are in a completely different position. They are the people who are meant to dispassionately apply the law without prejudice to anyone, and here they are leaking info that stains the character of man who is presumed innocent.

What are they at? That kind of messing with people's lives shouldn't be tolerated. I suspect Emma Murphy's ex is guilty, but we can't run the fcuking country on what punters like me presume!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

It's just an advisory note on his file so that it's known by anyone that looks at the file that there's an ongoing investigation and when it concludes, another note will be added. There are people in our jails for worse crimes that won't have their permission to reside revoked when they're released.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

It's just an advisory note on his file so that it's known by anyone that looks at the file that there's an ongoing investigation and when it concludes, another note will be added. There are people in our jails for worse crimes that won't have their permission to reside revoked when they're released.

Nacho has your opinion changed or is the woman still wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

"According to the Sunday World"

Aaaaaaand thats as far as I read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    Nacho has your opinion changed or is the woman still wrong?

I never mix my threads.

Bump the relevant thread if you want to ask me something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

I never mix my threads.

Bump the relevant thread if you want to ask me something.

That thread was closed thankfully. Good to see the vitriol has passed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 647 ✭✭✭RichardCeann

He has two Irish born citizen children and plays a part in their lifes. He has absolutely no chance of being deported. At least until they turn 18. I suspect that the Sunday World are well aware of this but click bait brings in ad revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

I am sick of hearing of Emma Murphy and her boyfriend. I am sorry for her, if he has been violent to her, but for crying out loud, stop running to the media, and and follow due process.

It's just an advisory note on his file so that it's known by anyone that looks at the file...
    Anybody who reads the newspapers...

The note may be meaningless in practice, but imagine if a note like that about you or I got out? This is some kind of banana republic justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

I am sick of hearing of Emma Murphy and her boyfriend. I am sorry for her, if he has been violent to her, but for crying out loud, stop running to the media, and and follow due process.

Getting a nice bit of a mob going helps speed things along tbf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,704 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

How does this information come out? Garda leaks, right? Why are Gardai leaking that kind of information to the Sunday Rag?

I can understand why a victim of relationship violence, at the end of her tether, would do what Emma Murphy did.

Technically she shouldn't have done it, but lets not go there. The Gardai are in a completely different position. They are the people who are meant to dispassionately apply the law without prejudice to anyone, and here they are leaking info that stains the character of man who is presumed innocent.

What are they at? That kind of messing with people's lives shouldn't be tolerated. I suspect Emma Murphy's ex is guilty, but we can't run the fcuking country on what punters like me presume!

Any journalist worth their salt will have the mobile numbers of as many Gardai as they can get.

That's the reality of the country we live in.

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Any journalist worth their salt will have the mobile numbers of as many Gardai as they can get.

That's the reality of the country we live in.
    Presumably it's a firing offence to be leaking information to the media. Why to the Guards do it, then? Are they being bribed for this or what?

Maybe Ireland's fearless media should do an investigation into it. Prime Time Investigates... Paul Reynold's access to confidential information?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

Even rapists and murderers wouldn't get deported if they have a family here, and this guy has two (that we know of). Something to do with their "human rights".

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Benteke

Paul Reynolds has a gardai radio in his home and gets all the up to date news when they do and he gets to the destination to report it on time, Don't ask me where i got this info but it's true

• Registered Users Posts: 33,069 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Benteke wrote: »
    Paul Reynolds has a gardai radio in his home and gets all the up to date news when they do and he gets to the destination to report it on time, Don't ask me where i got this info but it's true

I'm guessing you read it in the Sunday World?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

They go for a drink in the same pub and get them pissed then bring it up in conversation

• Registered Users Posts: 25,429 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Where does it say the Gardai leaked this information?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,880 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

How else would it be in the newspapers?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 647 ✭✭✭RichardCeann

It's more likely that an INIS staff member leaked the info than the Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,429 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

How else would it be in the newspapers?

Immigration service staff also have this info, could have been one of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Benteke

I'm guessing you read it in the Sunday World?

Incorrect

I'm assuming so, perhaps wrongly.

Given the amount of sensitive information that seems to make its way into the reports of Pauls Reynolds & Williams, it's hardly a wild assumption to make.

Do you think Garda leaks are a problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Another version of whistleblowers and it needs to be stamped out

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Emma Murphy should post on YouTube whether she wants him exported, so she should.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Emma Murphy should post on YouTube whether she wants him exported, so she should.

Is there an emerging market for products of this type?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

galljga1 wrote: »
    Is there an emerging market for products of this type?

:D That made me laugh.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod Note:

Zombie Thread Closed, feel free to open a new one in Current Affairs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement