Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Ultimate Flags of the World Tournament

1464748495052»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,265 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Or you could go for something different and try gameshows/quiz shows

Krypton Factor v Weakest Link
    Blockbusters v Only Connect

Pretty much anything is going to be niche to some degree of course.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

cdeb wrote: »
    To leave out Irish clubs, you'd omit a definite contender in Warrenpoint Town -

Warrenpoint_Town_Football_Club_badge.png

Look at the crappy bunnies! :pac:

That. Is. Magnificent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Ireland has the harp, you silly goose.

Oh! And who has the silly goose?

I'd vote for them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,353 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Omackeral wrote: »
    It's been a literal trip around the globe but you, the good people of Boards.ie, have declared that your Ultimate World Flag Tournament winner is...

Marshall Islands

1.jpg

I have had a blast doing this... even though it's all been done pain-stakingly on my phone (except Round 2 which was on a highjacked work computer). It's so great and a bit surreal to bring so many together over bloody colours, shapes and patterns! Thanks so much for all your witty, informative and bonkers posts. It's been class.

You should drop them an email with a link to the thread to let them know!

https://rmiparliament.org/cms/contact-us.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

bmorrissey wrote: »
    Great thread, was the most interesting thing happening in my life for the last week (says alot about my life lately), missed the semi finals and final last night due to work but overall thats was pretty fun. thank you
    Agree and yes I probably wouldn't have had time to see it but for Covid19 but I think it was a great thread but it was educational and fun.
    ozzy jr wrote: »
    Ha! I wish I had the time to devote to a thread as much as you had.
    :rolleyes:
    c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Football club crest even?

I'd definitely be up for that. Would even run it but would take a while to organise. So many countries, so many divisions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,024 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Zaph wrote: »
    Could be done if you exclude Irish and British club crests. That would eliminate most of the nonsense. Perhaps you could include UK non-league ones, that would be fairly uncontroversial, I reckon. I vote for this lot, although it's mainly because of their name tbh.

AYVhyE5c_400x400.jpg

I always like the crest of East Thurrock United:

NrwD9kyR_400x400.jpg

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Could do one on US State flags and its territories, maybe even include Canadian Provinces in it also?
    Or Irish towns and counties.

Or historical flags like the Gold Harp on the Dark Blue background.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Hi all! There's a new thread kicking off if any of you would like to take part in it. Smaller scale but hopefully a bit of craic can be had. So click below and follow the link of you fancy taking part.

Ultimate State/Provincial Flags of USA and Canada

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Actually I received a PM last week which I totally forgot about saying that I wasn't allowed to put tournament threads in AH anymore. So it's now been moved to the ''Other Forum Games'' section. Probably won't be busy though and if it doesn't take off I'll just leave it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,638 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Actually I received a PM last week which I totally forgot about saying that I wasn't allowed to put tournament threads in AH anymore. So it's now been moved to the ''Other Forum Games'' section. Probably won't be busy though and if it doesn't take off I'll just leave it.

Boards beaureauracy at its finest by the sound of things!

The amount of people who may potentially see, partake and enjoy something will be secondary to ensuring that everything is perfectly slotted away, probably to die, in the relative obscurity of a sub-forum...

The last tournament was great, thoroughly enjoyed by a lot of people and it's the contributors who made it what it was. And AH, for better or worse, gives things a different feel than you'd find in another part of the forum. Boards at its best IMO. A bit of common sense should be used.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I can feel your withering stare here already even before I post this but there is a thread in help desk on the move. There is also an explanation as to why.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058085297

Yes I realise the irony here of pointing out something is in another forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Purgative

Arghus wrote: »
    Boards beaureauracy at its finest by the sound of things!

The amount of people who may potentially see, partake and enjoy something will be secondary to ensuring that everything is perfectly slotted away, probably to die, in the relative obscurity of a sub-forum...

The last tournament was great, thoroughly enjoyed by a lot of people and it's the contributors who made it what it was. And AH, for better or worse, gives things a different feel than you'd find in another part of the forum. Boards at its best IMO. A bit of common sense should be used.

Very similar to the interesting maps thing that moved, closed reopened.

Why can't we have nice things?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Mod note: Seeing as the tournament is over and there's a Help Desk thread open to discuss the future destinations of threads on this subject, I'll close this thread now.
    Thanks to all for your participation in the thread.

Buford T. Justice

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement