Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Corner sofa

• 25-01-2021 12:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭

Hi,

Looking to buy a corner sofa but not sure where to source. I was considering the Vimle linked below in Gunnared Beige (which is despite the name a light grey) at €1,050 but there isn't any stock and the reviews are pretty negative from the UK Ikea site. I don't have the space for some of the larger corner sofas (max around 280cm) so I wonder if anyone can recommend other reasonably priced alternatives? Budget is max €1,500....I've also looked at DFS/Diamond Furniture/Harvey Norman but in these times it's hard to get an idea of what the sofa is like to sit on from a picture on a website. Christ knows when I will be able to visit a physical shop to take a look (I did try out the Vimle when in Ikea a while ago and thought it was fine but the reviews almost universally comment on how the chaise section was a problem after a short period of time which kind of put me off). I did also come across some nice looking ones on SLF24.ie but the reviews were not great.

I did see one on DFS which looks nice but it's on the large side for what I can accomodate. Any advice would be welcomed.

https://www.ikea.com/ie/en/p/vimle-corner-sofa-4-seat-with-open-end-gunnared-beige-s29285125/

From DFS

https://www.dfs.ie/lexia/lxa1zabn1?origin=Fabric_Corner_Sofas

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I think corner couches are great in a massive room.

If you are tight on space, they are bulky and awkward. You have no flexibility moving them around, for cleaning, or just rearranging a room, even temporarily.

I think its impossible to judge a couch without sitting on it. Some people want a soft couch, some people want a hard couch, some people want high back some, low back. Some don't mind the cheaper leather, some find it slippery. Then there's the whole issue of caring for it, damage insurance etc.

I thought the Vimle wasnt all the comfortable. But thats a subjective opinion.

Be aware there are massive waiting times for couches at the moment. 3~4 months and probably longer with the new lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dpham178

robbe wrote: »
    Hi,

Looking to buy a corner sofa but not sure where to source. I was considering the Vimle linked below in Gunnared Beige (which is despite the name a light grey) at €1,050 but there isn't any stock and the reviews are pretty negative from the UK Ikea site. I don't have the space for some of the larger corner sofas (max around 280cm) so I wonder if anyone can recommend other reasonably priced alternatives? Budget is max €1,500....I've also looked at DFS/Diamond Furniture/Harvey Norman but in these times it's hard to get an idea of what the sofa is like to sit on from a picture on a website. Christ knows when I will be able to visit a physical shop to take a look (I did try out the Vimle when in Ikea a while ago and thought it was fine but the reviews almost universally comment on how the chaise section was a problem after a short period of time which kind of put me off). I did also come across some nice looking ones on SLF24.ie but the reviews were not great.

I did see one on DFS which looks nice but it's on the large side for what I can accomodate. Any advice would be welcomed.

https://www.ikea.com/ie/en/p/vimle-corner-sofa-4-seat-with-open-end-gunnared-beige-s29285125/

From DFS

https://www.dfs.ie/lexia/lxa1zabn1?origin=Fabric_Corner_Sofas

Thanks!

Hi. I'm looking to buy sofa for my new house too. Really tricky because most showrooms are close. I was able to visit this place called Murphy's liquidation furnuture in Naas, the only place I can go and try the sofa in person. There is a good selection of sofas available at a discounted price and you can really sit down on them to have a feel - it's so important, I didn't realize how important it is until the day I visited the shop as a lot of sofas look really nice but not comfortable at all! Call the shop beforehand to make appointment for the visit. Lovely shop, unfortunately I wasn't able to find the sofa I want though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭robbe

Thanks to both for the steer......I'd be reluctant to order something so subjective as a sofa without first sitting on it. I'm sure we've all browsed around furniture shops, liked the look of something, sat on it and thought jesus this is uncomfortable. Not the worst problem to have but this lockdown and the delivery lead times probably mean it'll be summer before I get sorted. If anyone else can recommend I'd appreciate it.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dpham178

robbe wrote: »
    Thanks to both for the steer......I'd be reluctant to order something so subjective as a sofa without first sitting on it. I'm sure we've all browsed around furniture shops, liked the look of something, sat on it and thought jesus this is uncomfortable. Not the worst problem to have but this lockdown and the delivery lead times probably mean it'll be summer before I get sorted. If anyone else can recommend I'd appreciate it.

Cheers

https://slf24.ie/capitol-modular-corner-sofa.html

This one offers more flexibility than other corner sofas. Have a look!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Bruno Mannheim

after doing the rounds in practically every furniture shop I can think of recently made a purchase from Finline Furniture

You pay a little extra but my god what a difference in quality, choice & service compared to all the others

They will make to measure aswell if your space requires

• Advertisement
Advertisement