Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How would I do this

Options
  • 29-12-2020 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm planning a wardrobe but I'm trying to hide the gaps between the overlayed doors.
    My plan was to have a vertical timber lath on the edge of the door which would cover the gap between this and the other door. The obvious issue with this is opening the other door would not be possible with concealed hinges.

So how would I accomplish this. I really want the wardrobes to look like a wall as to be honest I hate the look of built in wardrobes but as I need to utilize every inch of space they make sense to have a wall of wardrobes in my room.

Is there a hinge that pushes the door to one side to allow it not to catch.
    I could bevel the lath to help the door clear but I dont think that would be enough as it still wouldn't allow me to open the door to 90 degrees.
    The attached "drawing" shows what I'm talking about. The red squares are the lath's

Any help is hugely appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,366 ✭✭✭jack of all

Put the lath on the rear face of the door, you'll be left with a small shadow gap between the doors which looks much better. I don't know about hinges, I imagine Hafele might have something.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Put the lath on the rear face of the door, you'll be left with a small shadow gap between the doors which looks much better. I don't know about hinges, I imagine Hafele might have something.

Thanks im thinking if i stuck the lath on the rear and a bevel on the lath it might help hide the gap if your looking at it face on. That being said I'd still really like to just have a hinge do it if possible. Ill check out hafele

Advertisement