If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surround Sound Issues With Denon AVR-2300W

Options
  • 12-05-2021 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭

Hi I bought the above AVR from yourselves before, I don't have exact date to hand at the moment, but it's been having Issues the last few days where it is no longer outputting surround sound, I have a 5.1 speaker set up with the front speaker's bi amped, ive tested the speakers themselves and they are outputting sound, the amp will only play sound in multi in stereo and video game mode through the rear speaker's it will not use the rears in any other mode, so I can't get a proper surround sound, the system has worked perfectly for years without major issues until now, I've tried re running the audessey set up and changing setting on amp, restarting amp, tried different input boxes eg PlayStation,Xbox etc all have the same issue. All the surround modes are only using the front 3 speaker's and sub so I'm a bit stumped now and looking for advice? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Soap MacTavish

just found receipt was bought on 27/11/16 with 6 year guarantee bought also, hopefully it's an easier fix than needing repair though, Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 4,416 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

just found receipt was bought on 27/11/16 with 6 year guarantee bought also, hopefully it's an easier fix than needing repair though, Thanks
    Thanks for the post Soap and sorry to hear you're having issues!

The first thing I would try would be a factory reset as 99% of the time this will rectify any software issues. You can reset by following the instructions below:

https://manuals.denon.com/avrx2300w/na/en/GFNFSYvyalrwrt.php

Let me know if this resolves the problem and I can check and see if there's anything else that can be done!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Soap MacTavish

The first thing I would try would be a factory reset as 99% of the time this will rectify any software issues. You can reset by following the instructions below:

Let me know if this resolves the problem and I can check and see if there's anything else that can be done!

Kind regards

David

Hi David, it seems to be back working again now after resetting twice and rerunning audessey set-up twice also, Thanks for the help appreciate it

• Company Representative Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Kind regards

David

Hi David, it seems to be back working again now after resetting twice and rerunning audessey set-up twice also, Thanks for the help appreciate it
    Hey Soap MacTavish.

Happy Days that you are back up and running!

If you come across any more issues please let us know.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.