Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs for solo travellers Puerto del Carmen

Options
  • 20-12-2019 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Can anyone suggest any?
    So far all the pubs I’ve been to have large groups and couples so it’s difficult to strike up a conversation.
    TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,475 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Bocking 14 wrote: »
    Can anyone suggest any?
    So far all the pubs I’ve been to have large groups and couples so it’s difficult to strike up a conversation.
    TIA

You are in a resort that is primarily family and couple orientated.
    If it's gentle conversation with similar solo travellers you are out of luck.

I say that after more than 4yrs living in the place at one point.
    There isn't a "singles" or "solo" scene over there, even the locals tend to go out in groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Bocking 14

banie01 wrote: »
    You are in a resort that is primarily family and couple orientated.
    If it's gentle conversation with similar solo travellers you are out of luck.

I say that after more than 4yrs living in the place at one point.
    There isn't a "singles" or "solo" scene over there, even the locals tend to go out in groups.

Thanks banie01. Can you suggest where to go next year which might be more solo orientated? I’m not into heavy partying/karaoke et al

• Registered Users Posts: 16,475 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Thanks banie01. Can you suggest where to go next year which might be more solo orientated? I’m not into heavy partying/karaoke et al

Really couldn't suggest a spot, I've not done solo holidays in quite a few years sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I was solo in a good small pub in Albuferia this Summer. Easy to make conversation with other tourists and some local ex pats. Sherry's Bar. Most of the other Irish type places were all couples and groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

My only suggestion would be to try the Couchsurfing app which has a hangouts feature which gives you to opportunity to get chatting to others and arrange a meetup with people nearby but I'm not sure how popular it would be in PDC. To be honest, I wouldn't reckon sun holiday resort type places would be great for solo travellers if the goal is to meet other like minded folk but I've never tried doing a trip like that solo.

If you're looking for solo friendly spots in the future, I think any major city in Europe as well as smaller tourist friendly cities are great for solo travel. If you get a good hostel it's very easy to meet people or if you're not into staying in a hostel, you can join organised pub crawls or use the couchsurfing app. I've had success with all three all over Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Do you have accommodation sorted?
    I have been there solo a few times and can recommend an apartment.
    I usually just go for dinner as opposed to a pub but the Craic and Ceol always has music so it's easy to blend in and listen to the music and people watch without having to chat to anyone.

To thine own self be true

Advertisement