Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Disappearing relationships

• 07-03-2016 10:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭

I've previously posted here annon but I'm single now so no need to hide!

So I was living with a guy for 3years, and he broke up with me by text 10days ago. I had partly moved out for work recently as it was too far to commute so I was staying near work and going home at weekends. He was visiting me an odd night during the week but would arrive at 10 and leave before sunrise 'to beat the traffic'. I guess the writing was on the wall, we had plenty of 'issues' and it hadn't always been plain sailing, but by text?

Really I got no reason, he said some crap about another guy which is complety wrong, I can't work out why he said that. He wouldn't take my calls so I haven't spoken to him. He hadn't always been faithful to me but I was to him, it's not in me, I wanted to marry him. I went home to collect my things at his request and he wasn't there. There was some jewellery that wasn't mine on the bedside locker but even that hasn't snapped me out of it. I left the keys in the letterbox and that's been it. The last words he actually spoke to me were than he loved me, 36hrs before dumping me by text.

I'm struggling to find closure. I know I'm better off, he did me a favour and all that but I can't understand zero communication after 3years living together. We had spoken abt kids, marriage, the works. I can see now that he strung me along while I was convenient. I'm not crying needlessly and have kept myself very busy etcetc but has anyone any suggestions on finding closure when someone literally evaporates out of life as he did.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Midnight Sundance

I don't have any huge words of advice for you except I'm sending you a big hug right now.
    No one deserves to be on the receiving end of a break up text. Having been there I know how hurtful it is.
    I would imagine a few days of gathering your thoughts are needed and then maybe try contact him again and ask for come closure.
    By the sounds of it, you are better off without him ( and I feel like a hypicrit right now because I felt like slapping anyone that said it to me!) but you are. If he's that little respect after 3 years then just thank your lucky stars that you didn't have kids together.
    Time, friends and Keepinh busy will help you right now. Mainly time. You'll have good and bad days but work through the bad ones and more good ones will come
    I hope you are ok :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

This guy is a real prize for the following reasons.

- cheats on you
    - treats your place like a rest stop
    - decides he's not into you now that its no longer convenient
    - breaks up with you by text
    - tries to insinuate that breakup is your fault so he can walk away cleanly (by mentioning some other guy)
    - wont even give you the courtesy of a final conversation

Basically he's selfish and gutless.

You may have spoken about a future together but it sounds like he was just saying the right things to keep you sweet at the time.

You can do better. Keep repeating that over and over to yourself.

Time heals all wounds. One day you'll look back and laugh that you ever put yourself through it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭A.Partridge

So I was living with a guy for 3years, and he broke up with me by text 10 days ago.

I stopped reading after I saw this. You're better off without this guy. ;)

Advertisement