Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interview (today) with Dropkick Murphys

Options
  • 22-04-2010 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭

Hey folks

We secured an interview today with the Dropkick Murphys ahead of their gig in the Olympia tonight.

DKM_2010_credit_Tim_Tronckoe.jpg
    “(DKM) never, ever disappoint in the live environment and tonight is absolutely no exception … Whether it be the rambunctious assault of Ten Years of Service, a stirring Fields of Athenry or inviting at least one hundred people onstage for a traditional set closer Skinheads On The MBTA, the Murphys showcase just why they have earned the reputation of being one of the greatest live bands on the planet. Tonight, that reputation is justified. And then some.” – Kerrang live review *****

I realise this is short notice, but any questions for the lads?

Darragh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

There are a lot of Red Sox fans in Dublin - why didn't you play "Tessie" last time? Is it true you hate doing that song, as it's not quite in keeping with the rest of your stuff?

Also, will the Sox pitching and defence settle down this year, and are we guaranteed a play-off spot?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

How many times have they actually Shipped Up To Boston. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭baltimore sun

There's an Irish rapper, I think Collie is his name wanting to sample one of their songs, why are they being d*cks about it and not letting him?

it's a win-win, they get either paid/or a percentage but they wont share the love, are they anti rap or anti helping out the little guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

It's Rob Kelly looking to use the sample.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭baltimore sun

nicklauski wrote: »

my bad, thanks for rightin' me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Wouldn't the sample thing be more to do with the label?

Probably won't get a decent answer but any new material in the pipeline?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

You recorded a version of flanagans ball with Ronnie Drew shortly before he passed on, how was the experience?

Was it recorded in the same studio with him live or did he lay down his tracks seperately?

Did you get a feeling that Ronnie was a bit of a punk rocker himself?!

Am raging that I'll miss your concert tonight, have been at all of your recent live shows in Ireland from the ambassador to the music centre in temple bar to the village (brilliant show) and tripod! No doubt it'll be a cracking night.

It's fairly common for fans to get up onto the stage with you near the end of shows, has that ever gotten out of hand?
    Does it get harder and harder to get people up on stage with you because of security and health and safety fears?

Anything crazy ever happen because of it?

This looks like it is your last show for a couple of months, what are the plans - to take a break or record some new material before you get back on the road again?

When you play in Ireland is it any different than playing in the UK, Europe or in America, and if so in what way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

There's an Irish rapper, I think Collie is his name wanting to sample one of their songs, why are they being d*cks about it and not letting him?

it's a win-win, they get either paid/or a percentage but they wont share the love, are they anti rap or anti helping out the little guy?
    nicklauski wrote: »

As suggested, it was the label that denied it iirc, not the band.

Question for the DropKicks:

Do they like any stuff done by Flogging Molly? Have they ever met up with Flogging Molly and if so how did they all get on?

Would they ever release any material together?

(I'm a Flogging Molly fan btw, think they're way better than DM... :o)

(I'm a Flogging Molly fan btw, think they're way better than DM... )

Get out! :D

In fairness did see them in the music centre before and it was a good show

• Registered Users Posts: 4,815 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

You're quite linked with UFC fighter Forest Griffin. What are your thoughts on him using one of your songs as an enterence theme? He seems like a really cool guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭MightyMighty737

Having seen some setlists from recent tours there are a lot of older songs being included. Is this a conscious decision? And if so, why?

What is your relationship like w/ Mike McColgan, and Street Dogs in general? What was the reasoning behind Mike leaving after only one album?

Will you PLEASE ask the Bosstones to play Ireland? Drag them on tour if needs be! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Which of them shouted 'get this guy outta here' at their gig in The Village a few years back and got a punter kicked out?

Any word on when the interview will be published?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

If these are the only questions that were asked I can only guess that it was a complete disaster.

lol fair point if that's all the person doing the interview asked!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭busttropical

Will you PLEASE ask the Bosstones to play Ireland? Drag them on tour if needs be! :D

Petition... PETITION?!!?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Why is that photograph so terrible? waxy to kingdom come, I wanted to say fck but I probably wouldn'tve being loved with that type of expression.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Why is that photograph so terrible? waxy to kingdom come, I wanted to say fck but I probably wouldn'tve being loved with that type of expression.

Better

dropkick_murphys.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

I was suppose to be at the gig but I had stupid exams :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Mates got to go to it lucky &^%*&%*s

Let us know when the interview will be out. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Guy in the middle who I assume is the lead vocalist (i'm not a DKs fan unless they are from California) is the spitting image of the 20Bulls Each vocalist Gar.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Negative, Al Barr's sitting down on the right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Heya folks

Will get it live as soon as I can. Needs editing and the like :)

Darragh

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Guy in the middle who I assume is the lead vocalist (i'm not a DKs fan unless they are from California) is the spitting image of the 20Bulls Each vocalist Gar.

What a strange comment :confused:

I think he's trying to say he's a fan of the Dead Kennedys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Generally Dropkick Murphys are referred to as DKM and not DK... gets a little confusing otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

I was on the piss with the murphys for a bit on Thursday before Djing in the Foggy and the ****ing amount of people coming up to me telling me I was rapid on the bagpipes. unreal.

• Advertisement

Any update on this?

Advertisement