Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Punk/Hardcore scene..

• 21-05-2007 11:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭

Hey, i was just wondering whats the Dublin punk/hardcore scene like... or is there one?!
    Dont hear much bout many punk bands n gigs in Dublin.. So does anyone here know where the scene is kicking?....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭OLP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭klaus flouride

Theres always been abit of a punk scene of some sort kickin' away in Dublin; but remember, it depends what you're into cos there is a serious Punk scene and a pop/punk scene- and the two of them seem to detest each other, although admittedly its been a while since I went to any Dublin band punk gigs. Stricknein D.C., now there was a band- what happened to them does anyone know? How many of their members were Irish? I saw them play in Dublin a good few times. Think I'll put up a thread on this 'cos i'd love to find out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

The Deco and PA are focusing on Paranoid Visions at the moment and Beano and that other guy I forget the name of are playing in Blood or Whiskey.

They were all Irish as far as I know.

http://www.myspace.com/paranoidvisions

cant find a Striknein myspace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

I checked out the myspace page- a bit weird that they have a myspace page considering the site is owned by Rupert Murdoch (News Corp.), still though, they're striknein DC! When you're making music that good you can do what you like.

• Advertisement

Don't fight the system just use it against itself eh?

Here's Striknien DC's discography
    <Oh no you didn't!>

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

PA wasn't in Striknien, I don't think. The only non-Irish person was their guitarist, Javi Garcia. I think he's from the Basque region of Spain... Did they ever officially break up? Richie was playin guitar for them live I think instead of Javi. The lad who runs that myspace page has been tryin to get them to get back together again but Beano's away in Germany.

I think its a crying shame that pathetic excuses for bands like 'director' and other such indie ballsuckery gets so much airtime and attention off the ar$ehole music critics of this country- and yet there was a band who were exciting, interesting and original (i.e. striknein d.c.) and they barely got a look in.

"Hey, Hey, Hey - We've got a drugs crisis,
    Hey, Hey, Hey - We haven't got enough of them!"

Classic stuff.

There's a band playing tonight in Boh's that usually do a cover of Strangers by them..Althought Dregin won't be there

What's wrong with linking the discography? It's not like it's actually available to buy anywhere. I doubt they give two ****s either.

• Advertisement

Ah now, I didn;t even know it was snipped til i read dregins post

FATHER_TED_Down_with_this_sort_of_thing.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Out of print, is it???

Didn't know it was released on Rejected. Good price. Well worth it.

Advertisement