Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recent Break Up

Options
  • 27-02-2016 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

My girlfriend and I recently broke up after being together for almost 3 years. Our 3 year anniversary is coming up and I'm wondering how to deal with it. Should I say anything to her or ignore it?
    The break up was kind of messy and we're not on great talking terms with one another.
    Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Your 3 year anniversary isn't coming up, you broke up! So a big no to saying anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Absolutely not. Ignore it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Don't do anything. When you're over this break-up, you'll thank us for telling you that it was an insane idea. Probably you shouldn't even be trying to stay in contact at all if it was a bad break-up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Firstly don't mention anything , I don't see the point in doing so.

Secondly, how to deal with it. Well firstly you've got to accept its over and maybe get out there with friends, go for a run etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

TallGlass wrote: »
    Secondly, how to deal with it. Well firstly you've got to accept its over and maybe get out there with friends, go for a run etc..

True. I'm assuming that you're not the one who called time on the relationship? If you're not, then it makes contacting your ex an even worse idea. You'll just annoy her and possibly provoke her into saying something that'll make you feel worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Had the same situation except it was 10yr wedding anniversary after breaking up a few months earlier. Like you came here looking for advice. Like you I got the same advice. Hopefully like you I took it and did nothing and am so glad I did. Its over. You may or my not like that. Dont let sentiment or trying to be a nice guy mess with your head. Best of luck with whatever you decide

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dixiefly

My girlfriend and I recently broke up after being together for almost 3 years. Our 3 year anniversary is coming up and I'm wondering how to deal with it. Should I say anything to her or ignore it?
    The break up was kind of messy and we're not on great talking terms with one another.
    Thanks in advance!

Ex-girlfriend I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PressRun

I have no idea why you would say something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭Sunflower 27

After three years, it can be hard to detach. Instead of focusing on what to say, I'd say use this as your first step to moving on with your life and say nothing.

That chapter is closed. The rest of your life awaits. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Agree with others. Right now you just have to go through the agonizing and doubts over should I contact her or not...the answer should always be no. Do not contact her. It's over and you have to move on. It's not easy and it won't be easy for quite some time but you'll get over it eventually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

Another vote for not saying anything to her.

If you think it's going to be a tough day for you, make plans with your closest friends; the ones who won't mind if you have a bit of a breakdown. That said, plan on having a bit of fun on that day, try to ignore that it would have been the 3 year anniversary and spend time with those who really matter in your life.

Advertisement