Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tommy Tiernan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I really dont think Tommy is funny at all check out Dimtri Martin on youtube now he is a legend!

dimitri?! he stole a shed load of jokes from mitch hedberg.......now THERE'S a guy worthy of legendary status!
    Think Tommy is very funny but Des Bishop is a lot better..

des's shtick got old after about 10 minutes, so ten years is takin the p!ss!

as far as tommy is conserned:
    his first 2 dvds (live & cracked): legend
    his next 2 dvds (loose and jokerman): meh take it or leave it
    his most recent dvd (ok baby): absolute muck
    his most recent show (bovinity-dvd out this xmas) hour and a half of AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH (and the fact that its comin out on dvd is rediculous as one hour of it is on ok baby)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

Jesus... Whats this world comming to ?? whats nex... Brain cowen will get the sexist man in ireland award ? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Deise-Girl..xx

S.I.R wrote: »
    Jesus... Whats this world comming to ?? whats nex... Brain cowen will get the sexist man in ireland award ? :rolleyes:

At least Des Bishop doesn't have to use really insensitive and unfunny "jokes" about people with downs syndrome etc. I used to think Tommy was really funny but hes taken it too far with these kind of jokes. I mean some people may find one or two might be funny but when thats all he goes on about it starts to get a bit old...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Des Bishop has been living of the whole American in Ireland thing now for about 6 years to long.Its time to move on Des.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

So Tommy used to be great, but now he's pants? Or did he start out as pants and is only now showing his true colours?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭half pint

as far as tommy is conserned:
    his first 2 dvds (live & cracked): legend
    his next 2 dvds (loose and jokerman): meh take it or leave it
    his most recent dvd (ok baby): absolute muck

I quite agree..I can nearly quote word for word is live dvd
    He did gat a bit crap after that but I still like him because of his live dvd
    Himself and Hector are doing Friday evenings on I102-104 radio, it can be quiet funny at times and very hard to listen to at others

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭greatgoal

tommy started at the top of the hill,but sadly,hes rolled all the way back down again and gone over a cliff...

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Flipz4Rollz

Pure gob****e

The man has no wit and just starts shouting and cursing. He makes fun of disabled people and uses the same material over and over

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Flipz4Rollz

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Guvnor

Personally I don't find him funny at all, very annoying and once again not at all funny imo, never was and never will be!

Des Bishop was never funny either.

Daragh O Brien on the other hand is funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

i watched talks funny there a few times, and its not great either though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Pure gob****e

The man has no wit and just starts shouting and cursing. He makes fun of disabled people and uses the same material over and over

Agreed. Totally. Saw him in Wexford a few years back and thought the show was a bag of sh!te. While I understand everybody has a different sense of humour I just couldn't see how anyone would find Tiernan any way funny. As far as I remember he started jokes (well supposedly jokes) and didn't finish em out....Which I suppose means they wern't jokes. Apart from that he seemed to have some fascination with repeatdly hopping his head of a speaker which didn't look the slightest bit healthy. Surley what hes taking ain't good for him.

As for Des Bishop definately doesn't do anything for me either.

Now Hector on the other hand, well hes good craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Now Hector on the other hand, well hes good craic.

God no, he's just a tool from Naaaaavan trying to be cool to young scobys but missing the target wholesale.
    My prediction for Hector is that he will be off the radar soon enough but maybe thats just hopefull thoughts.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

Tiernan was funny at one stage of his career. Not anymore god bless him. He now resides on the Costa Del Idiot along with Brendan Grace, Brendan O'Carroll and Paul Howard.... not that the last one was ever funny - Ross O'Carroll-Kelly is about as funny as losing your wedding ring while trying to artificially inseminate a cow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭melsman

list of things funnier than tommy tiernan:
    cancer
    holocaust
    spanish inquisition
    the troubles

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭greatgoal

gettin more laughs out of brian cowan at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

I'd give all comedians a break for getting on stage and trying to make people laugh. Its hard work. But Tommy Tiernan just doesnt appeal to me anymore. I cant remember if he ever did. I saw him in Vicar street years back and thought he was only mediocre. Saw him on the Late Late show with Gerry Ryan and thought he couldnt really get any worse. Very staged / rehearsed / set up and Mr Ryan made a balls of most of his jokes. Tommy and Brendan O'Carroll have had their day. Their flogging a dead horse at this stage.

Muppet Man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Lynskey

Wow, when it comes to comedy in ireland Tommy really is opinion-splintering. Some say he's the messiah of comedy and others say he is the epitome of ignorance. Well, whatever ye think yerselves, personally i think he's funny in CERTAIN areas

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Uncle Arthur

i am not one to get easily offended and tiernan doesnt offend me either (save for the belittling of people with handicaps - simply disgusting) its just he is not in the slightest bit funny. the OPs quotes, forgive my ignorance, but i cannot see the humour in them anywhere!!:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭cherrypicker555

basquille wrote: »
    C'mon... Tommy is definantly deserving of Legend status!!

Or a quote from when he did a show at Sligo IT:

Made jokes about the disappereared toddler Madeline Mccann, wonder if he would appreciate people telling jokes about his oldman who was shot dead by the UVF.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Nah, although his "Live" dvd was pure gold, particularly the Declan Moffit sketch (come on, who does'nt know somebody like this?)

These days if I want irish comedy I go for:

Dylan Moran
    Daragh O'Brien
    Des Bishop

In that order

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

Wow I'm stunned to see the no votes. I know he has told some controversial jokes but comedian hasn't? I think he is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭ADTR

Have noticed his jokes have become repetitive, but still the best Irish comedian out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Blue_Wolf wrote: »
    Wow I'm stunned to see the no votes. I know he has told some controversial jokes but comedian hasn't? I think he is good.
    I'd be fairly sure the no votes arent for the "controverial" nature of the jokes, rather his method of delivery. its cotroversial for the sake of being controversial, without a good gag to back it up. shouting isnt funny. He was better when he had some respect for his audience, now he's dumbing down what he's capable of to pander to the lowest common denominator.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

Oh yeah, realllllll funny (sarcastic)

Maybe he'll make fun of more handicaps at his next show, and on his new DVD, he'll insult OAPs until they cry.

The Bas**rd is an edjit and doesn't deserve the sad and worthless attention he's getting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Comedy genius.. watched bovinity with 3 friends.. all of us thought it was hilarious
    My top 3 irish comedians are
    1.Tommy Tiernan
    2.PJ Gallagher(brillaint live shows)
    3.Dara O'Briain

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭bookerboy

Tommy knows how to play the game,where to get his cheap laughs.
    Not one bit funny imo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

theres certainly a dearth of talent out there.... some of these toads just aren't funny.

can't beat the oldies though,when comedy was king.....

Sam Kinison RIP

bill hicks RIP

carlin

bruce RIP

YOU'RE FREE TO DO WHAT WE TELL YOU

pryor RIP

AMEN

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

What's the opposite to funny?

Advertisement