Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Well its United in the final anyway....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,493 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

United battering roma. Even if we got to the final...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭wonga77

Utd waiting in the final anyways
    Losing to them would be my worst nightmare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Every corner/freekick we get we let them off the hook by fouling, drives you made

• Registered Users Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭omega man

wonga77 wrote: »
    Utd waiting in the final anyways
    Losing to them would be my worst nightmare

Doesn’t bear thinking about.

Villareal have been atrocious this half. Attacking half-heartedly just hoping for penalties.

Still time to smash and grab a draw here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Well done Xhaka (2/3 times in a row)!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,493 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Woman commentator is simply awful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Like to see that stats on how many time Partey has given the ball away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

That was brilliant by Martinelli.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Villarreal are poor but the manager cost us tonight. Good chance next week however.

Referee's a bit of a joker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,291 ✭✭✭tanko

Well its United in the final anyway....

Where is the final being played?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭Underground

If I see one more of our players fcking slip tonight I swear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,025 ✭✭✭duffman13

tanko wrote: »

Gdansk I think

• Advertisement

Like what is the actual point in making a double substitution with 20 seconds left?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭Azatadine

Some get out of jail card tonight for Arteta.

Villarreal are poor but the manager cost us tonight. Good chance next week however.

It's probably around the level we're at tbh. Their negativity invited us on but we didn't have anything to attack them with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,065 ✭✭✭DenMan

Still in Europe...barely! Much improved after the sending off. All to play for next week. It's vital we don't concede an away goal. We can do this. COYG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

I really don't know what to feel about that result

• Advertisement

Blessed to only come away with a 2 - 1 defeat. Awful management from both sides.
    Arteta with a weird lineup and leaving Ceballos on after his foul at the start of the second half is inexcusable.
    Emery reverts into his shell when we were there for the taking, Villarreal will be disgusted they didn't wrap up the tie tonight.
    We will not win sweet fcuk all when we don't create anything, was Auba's shot at the end our only shot on target?
    We have given ourselves hope but tbh id nearly rather go out next week than get turned upside down by Utd in the final...

Like what is the actual point in making a double substitution with 20 seconds left?

Gotta have Willian taking the corner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Defeat on the night but I was right 1 crucial away goal we can take home. Now we need to score and keep a clean sheet at the Emirates

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭emmetlego

I actually think that was a fantastic performance in the 2nd half. We created the better chances. That pass from Partey and touch from Auba at the end. If only he didn't slip.

Actually think Ceballos missing the next game is a positive too.

We're very much still in this now.A low scoring win and we're through. Clean sheet and 2-0 please!

I was disconsolate after that 1st half. Really was. In reality, it was only 1/4 way through the tie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

That in full was nothing short of pathetic........

Terrible performance by all the players.
    Manager selection and tactics a disgrace
    A club ran by clowns with clowns playing for them and a clown managing them.

A blind man wouldn't have picked that 11

emmetlego wrote: »
    I actually think that was a fantastic performance in the 2nd half. We created the better chances. That pass from Partey and touch from Auba at the end. If only he didn't slip.

Actually think Ceballos missing the next game is a positive too.

We're very much still in this now.A low scoring win and we're through. Clean sheet and 2-0 please!

I was disconsolate after that 1st half. Really was. In reality, it was only 1/4 way through the tie.

We can thank our lucky stars that Villarreal sat back and invited us on in the second half. I wouldn't put that down to us being very good, rather Emery made a hash of it. We were fortunate to get that penalty too

Jmac24128 wrote: »
    That in full was nothing short of pathetic........

Manager selection and tactics a disgrace
    A club ran by clowns with clowns playing for them and a clown managing them.

A blind man wouldn't have picked that 11

You sound like a man turning......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

tanko wrote: »

Poland, Gdansk

• Moderators Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Arteta was shocking tonight. Some of the players were equally as bad. But Villareal are rubbish and if we have a properly balanced team the next day, we'll go through.

I disagree fully with all that post, but to say all the players were terrible?? That's embarrassing, especially from someone who didn't watch the game.

• Advertisement

Thank **** I decided not to watch...

Exhibit A

I disagree fully with all that post, but to say all the players were terrible?? That's embarrassing, especially from someone who didn't watch the game.

As u might have guessed with my comments I ended up watching it for my sins. They were shocking. Not gonna argue u anyone on here but that for a cup semi final was a total disgrace and no one will change my mind on that.

Got a lucky penalty which gives then light to bottle it again next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Tierney left back, Auba or Laca up front and Xhaka back in the middle next week please

Fairly close after that, I'm actually on shock with the performance and team selection with all the time in the world to prep for it. Baffles me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Better to go out next week than getting trounced in another final!

L'prof wrote: »
    Better to go out next week than getting trounced in another final!

Love the positive mindset around here! :)

Exhibit A

So I couldn't change my mind...... Cop on.....

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Shoelaces

Dani Ceballos's one man crusade to destroy our Europa dream is quite the crusade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭Azatadine

I was trying to figure out if that poster was one of the ardent Arteta supporters that I've had some over and back with....I think it is.....

• Advertisement

Azatadine wrote: »
    I was trying to figure out if that poster was one of the ardent Arteta supporters that I've had some over and back with....I think it is.....

Fully supported the man and still do. But my god that has me at 60/40 instead of 90/10

Was a Shambles

So I couldn't change my mind...... Cop on.....

Very mature. Cop on? You made a bold statement and doubled back on it quite quickly. I fear it's not me who needs to have a "cop on" moment.

Very mature. Cop on? You made a bold statement and doubled back on it quite quickly. I fear it's not me who needs to have a "cop on" moment.

Won't waste my time with you..your opinion is different to mine..live with it.

Have a TV remote which can change the channel. So even on my most anger days with arsenal I can still end up watching them.

That feels like a win to me lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Shoelaces wrote: »
    That feels like a win to me lads

I dunno. They’ll def get at least one in the emirates

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Team line up I was like Wtf where is our forward?

5 mins in forget about false No 9 it was a false 1-11

2nd goal was like watching Arsenal score that way in the old days.. Terrible defending

Partey.. Please do not shoot.. And please learn how to pass (Auba pass the exception)

Ceballos.. I knew it was coming and I lay that with Arteta for not seeing that

Martinelli should have been on earlier.. His work rate and tracking back much better

Blessed with penalty and we did improve

Hope for next week but i can see them scoring and that's what kills me the hope..

Onwards and upwards COYG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,673 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Alright. Would be happy enough with the result, in normal circumstances. But we're crap at home right now.

On the other hand, they've Emery and a one goal lead, which I'd hate if that was my team.

It's not exactly fun right now, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Soups123

Didn’t post during or after game, decided to let it settle and not shoot off the hip.

Result: I’ll take it

Performance: bang average. Better for the 20 mins after going down to 10.

Arteta: absolutely shocking, starting the game with no centre forward, a 4 man box midfield haven’t seen that in years. Team selection started his 3rd choice right back, left our best CB on the bench, had our best performing midfielder at LB. Then you look at his game management, everyone knew Dani was going after the early foul 2nd have.

When it comes to Arteta if you know you know if you don’t you don’t. There’s a series on Netflix about the fake footballer who blagged his way into teams around the world and earned millions, Arteta just reminds me of him a fake manager.

I accept the Kroenke issues I accept the quality of player comments but tbh Arteta’s on field output is diabolical, he’s getting a free pass from some but I think he has to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Poor squad choice, poor tactics, naivety at best

2-1 Away from home missing 3 key players. We have never made it easy for ourselves in Europe but we ve got there. It's the final I'm worried about.

Can't stand this negativity. In my opinion, we are at the root stage of great growth. Think I'll give boards a miss for a while. The depression here is awful.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement