Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ALLI pills diet

Options
  • 22-04-2009 12:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hello,
    Have you bought some Alli diet pills? I'm looking to follow the progress of someone taking Alli for a newspaper article. If you'd like to tell me how you're getting on, please get in touch.
    Best
    Marianne

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 mazzapazza

Hi Lorna,
    Well it's early days - stick with it. Great that you've not had any side effects so far, you must be keeping your meals low fat.
    I'm a feature writer for the Irish Daily mail Good Health section and I want to follow someone's progress over the next few weeks and even months on the pill. Would you be interested in keeping in touch with me? At some point we'd need to take a picture of you and I'd write up a little article. I'd happily pay you for your time and trouble.
    Best
    Marianne

Brilliant, I'd probably need to have a chat with you on the phone about it if that's OK? I'm on 086 827 7753.
    Thanks a million
    Marianne

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Pamela13

Dear Marianne,

I had a low fat diet for over two months, having lost 13lbs. I started alli on saturday, eating salads, etc., but yesterday, my bowel movements were very loose, and not even taking a tablet today, I've had to go to the bathroom numerous times.

I'm not pleased. I will give it a few more days, but it is disconcerting to have such loose bowel movements and of course, somewhat embarrassing!

I left a message for you on your mobile, and perhaps you might want to chat in relation to side effects.

Regards,

Pamela

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Lorna123

Unfortunately I read an article on the net today regarding Alli and Colon Cancer and so now I am not going to continue taking these tablets. My parents both died of colon cancer and so I would run a mile from anything that is associated with it. I just googled Alli and Colon cancer and got my information.

I am so sorry to hear about your parents. I really wish you all the best with your weight loss.
    Best wishes
    Marianne

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 ANNIEMARIE27

I have been taking alli pills for two weeks now and have not had any considerable side effects. In the first week i lost 7lbs and due to the bank holiday weekend and going away to killarney i decided not to take the tablets and was amazed that in the space of two days i could put back on the weight i had lost while not particularly eating very much. The second week i lost the same 7lbs again which i kept off and am amazed that i have had no side effects, i am very careful about what i eat now and how much i eat of it as the tablets are like a deterrant to me for putting that junk food in my mouth

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭thegoth

Started to take it Thursday and eat low fat. Took it Friday and had a chineese and desert. Saturday morning at 9:45 I just got into work when I had to run fot the toilet. Total mess. A few hours later, I passed wind. Thought it felt strange. Went to the toilet. Check my pants. I had just passed a small bit of runnt poo without noticing. This happened again later in the day. Saturday evening, I decided to taked another as I munched crisps. Sunday, same thing. I decided to stop. Monday night, without having taken Alli since saturday, I again passed liquid poo without knowing it !!!

I am never taking it again. Be VERY careful with this product

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kickupthearts

Hi I started taking this product two weeks ago and I want to loose ten stone. I found the beginning a little difficult to get used to with bowel movements. I am sticking to the three meals a day and it is helping me stay eating healthy. If I cheat I dont take a tablet. This works for me and people are commenting on my wieghtloss after such a short time! I would be interested in bieng interviewed if you are still looking for someone. I have to loose wieght because my back is bad and for my own well bieng.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭MoonDancer256

I started using Alli this week, in combination with a better diet and joining the gym recently.

So far haven't experienced much discomfort or any unpleasant side effects EXCEPT when cheating. I went and had a fried breakfast in a cafe without even thinking about it, and despite only eating half a portion, I suffered :P

These pills seem to be a good deterent for snacking / eating fatty crap.

Also an eye opener because the first time I noticed *any* effects was after eating a home made curry which I thought was pretty healthy. Turns out it's pretty fatty!

Going to stick with them and see if it helps. Its not a miracle cure, but I'll take any help I can get; my gym trainer has informed me that I need to lose 10% of my body fat, which is going to take a lot of healthy eating and exercise, and I'm hoping Alli will help me do it a little faster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 johnh25

i'm taking alli since the day they went on sale in ireland i have not lost any weight. i cycle six miles a day and do wii fit at night. alli is just another rip off.

• Advertisement

Well I'm losing weight already :P

Remember that Alli doesnt get rid of EXISTING fat, it just helps block additional fat from being absorbed. That means that your actual fat loss it more a result of exercise and healthy eating.

Also, with that much exercise, you could well be building muscle, and muscle weighs more than fat. Unfortunately weight alone isn't a good indication of your health; looking at clothing size / thigh/waist/hip measurements are a good way.

My jeans are getting looser \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 johnh25

i lost 2 and a half stone last year taking the weight loss pills from chartbusters thinking of going back to them they worked much better than alli.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 michelle09

Hi,
    having just had my second baby i am keen to lose the baby weight i had put on. I had done some research regarding Alli and i said i would give them a go.

The first week i lost 4lbs and i am now on my second week. The side effects keep my on the straight and narrow, they scare me so much that i stick to the healthy diet.

I tried weight watchers but i didnt like standing up in front of everyone to get weighed

i am not sure if you have done your article on Alli but with the new release of the tablets i was wondering if you would like follow my progress. you can email me on michelle24@vodafone.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 yeneewss

DUHHH!!!!! You CAN'T eat fatty food and then take Alli just to get rid of it and not expect it to get rid of it the way it says it does. The whole point is that it PUTS YOU OFF taking fatty foods. Crisps are so high in fat it's not funny. Of course the effect is going to be S****Y. I have been taking it for a month, and to be honest I don't eat that much fatty food to start with but it does make me watch what I eat. If I intend eating crisps, or chinese or whatever fatty foods there are, I would not take that tablet. It does what it says it does!!!
    The one thing here that bothers me is googling alli and colon cancer. Though I have googled Alli and side effects and not come across this at all.

Okay, muscle does not weigh more than fat - 1 kg. of muscle is the same weight as 1 kg. of fat. BUT as you gain muscle, you lose fat, so for every kg. of muscle you are gaining, you are, hopefully, losing some fat. Cycling is great for building muscle. Don't go by scales. Check your leg measurements or your waist measurements. As for the WII, get the new training one or the personal trainer challenge - they are much harder work-outs. The original wii fit game is not that great compared to these. The personal trainer challenge is great and she makes it harder if you think it's too easy! Alternatively join a gym and get motivated by the energy of other people. Or do both!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 nobleone

Been on Alli for two weeks now, sticking to the chemists advice have lost 9lbs, no side affects as I am not snacking or pigging out on fatty dinners eating healthy and working out delighted as my clothes are a lot looser ;) was always told in gym etc by professional trainers that muscle most definetly weighs more???:confused:
    Have searched and thrawled through the net for results on alli and its links to colon cancer thankfully found nothing to confirm or even reflect the post i read in horror earlier????????????

Okay to settle this once and for all. A pound of fat is the same weight as a pound of muscle - like the question you got asked in school - which weighs more - a tonne of feathers or a tonne of lead? A tonne/pound/kilo or whatever else is the same no matter what you are weighing. What changes is the size of what you are weighing. In other words you may need a small amount of lead to make a tonne, but you need a lot of feathers to make the same weight. In other words, a cube of muscle, weighing one pound, if you could cut it like that, would be smaller than a cube of fat weighing one pound.

Or, in even simpler terms:

If you weigh 140 pounds, and you lose 5lb of fat but gain 5lb of muscle, meaning that you are the same WEIGHT, you will still be slimmer and fitter because the muscle is more compact than the fat.

If you take the same volume of fat and the same volume of muscle, the muscle will weigh more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭ladylouise

i am on alli and i found no improvement actual i feel heaver and i got results.i spend 3 years trying to lose weight as over the 3 years i have even got heaver i am 3 stone over my normal weight

i went from 28" and 10 stone to 36" and 13 1/2 stone.its really depressing being so heavy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 typerchick

Started Alli last Wednesday week. Have been eating very well so thank god no nasty suprises!! It does exactly what is says on the tin !!

When i altered my eating habits before ive always just watched the cals and not taken much notice of my fat intake (stupid I know!) but thanks to Alli I am carefully monitoring my intake of fats! Weighing in tomorrow so will post results..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭beemurf

ladylouise wrote: »
    i am on alli and i found no improvement actual i feel heaver and i got results.i spend 3 years trying to lose weight as over the 3 years i have even got heaver i am 3 stone over my normal weight

i went from 28" and 10 stone to 36" and 13 1/2 stone.its really depressing being so heavy

Have you had a GP run thyroid function tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Folks, I'm going to ask that you keep this a discussion on whether you can help out the journalist with her story, rather than a discussion on Alli and whether it works. If you want to about Alli then check out the Nutrition and Diet forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Dotsy 115

For what its worth I started taking the tablets about 6 weeks ago. I lost 7 pounds in the first week and on average 1 to 2 pounds a week since then. Thing is at the start of week 5 I experienced SEVERE abdominal pain. And I mean bad. I stopped taking them. Pain gone. End of.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭europhile

Bulmers Pear is a lot cheaper.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement