Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating in Modern Ireland

Options
  • 23-02-2009 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi, I'm currently making a documentary about on-line dating and i'm looking to interview people who have had bad experiences.

Do people really meet their partner on dating sites in modern Ireland ?

I would also like to talk to some people who have hooked up and ended up in a successful relationship, although the main focus will be on the bad side of things.

If you would like to take part, please PM me here and we can discuss your story in private.

I don't bite and it's your story so your in control.

Thank you,
    AP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Best of luck with it.

I know a few people who are walking goldmines for these stories... convincing them to come forward may not be so easy... I'll have a go at doing a bit of arm twisting though.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I just wanted to add that a few of us have met this girl and spoken to her about this project.

We are all satisfied that it is above board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 realgem19

Can US members with 2nd hand experience reply?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,890 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

realgem19 wrote: »
    Can US members with 2nd hand experience reply?
    our dating practices and theirs are like Apples to Oranges.

What makes you say that? I am familiar, have spent significant time in Eire and am familiar with Apples to Apples. Of course there are differences, there are vast differences between New England and SC too.
    I am responding to the online dating aspect.

• Advertisement

My ex is remarried to his match.com wife.
    The should do an advertisement for match.com. Ink on divorce want even dry (which happens quick enough in US to make your head spin).
    He put the ad in June 15, was remarried the following fall...and it is true bliss...NOT.
    Lol she's a true witch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

although the main focus will be on the bad side of things.

Why focus on bad experiences? Is this a "When dates go bad" thing or a balanced documentary?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

realgem19 wrote: »
    I am familiar, have spent significant time in Eire
    ...in which case you should have realised that the country is, in the mainstream, referred to as Ireland by those who reside there (and by the majority of boards users who are based here).

To get back on topic, I've used it before, lots of wierdos even after you chat for days/weeks before you meet but there are a few flecks of gold in the silt.

It is what it's.

oneweb wrote: »
    ...in which case you should have realised that the country is, in the mainstream, referred to as Ireland by those who reside there (and by the majority of boards users who are based here).

I was given permission to post here. Thank you for your kind correction. I did not mean to offend anyone and I heard that "misnomer" there,
    thanks again for your kind reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 AssocProducer

Macros42 wrote: »
    Why focus on bad experiences? Is this a "When dates go bad" thing or a balanced documentary?

the answer to your question is very simple, i'm dealing with the online dating companies and they are more than willing to provide happy ever after stories. In order to get a balanced view i need to get the other side and to provide a platform to deliver the "do's and don'ts of online dating"

Hope that clears it up for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

I went on an online date once. She was 40 and looking for love. I was 30 and looking for me hole..

she apparently had a lot of weirdos on dates previous to that, married men looking for flings in particular..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

Im 16 and i met a girl online ( i know, how sad :p )

Wouldnt call her my girlfriend technically, but ive met her a few times and we both seem to get on very well. I should ask to make it serious.

Good luck with that, really! It works out for many people.
    Especially the younger daters because they are much more online oriented.
    (I have 16 yo son).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭BubbleWrap85

I've met many people online. Currently going out with a guy for 8 months that I met there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 tianew

I met friends online most of the time, but no boyfriends, find it awkward.
    I wish i can meet someone online one day.
    Lot of my friends met online and they look quite happy now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

I met my love by the windows fire-wall
    Dreamed a dream by the old commodore
    I Kissed my girl by the fan vents
    Dirty old dial-up
    Dirty old dial-up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 murron33

Hiya hope you dont mind me adding I am not from Ireland. But have had a few experiences of on line dating. Am glad to say I have been with my fella now for 18 months who I met off a dating agency. Doesnt always work as we expected and I had made up my mind before I met him he was my last try at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

although the main focus will be on the bad side of things.
    For documentary, read shockumentary.

Beware....sounds like the typical meeja-type effort to make their name via producing an LCD (lowest-common-denominator) car-crash fest.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement