Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Angela Lansbury

Options
  • 20-04-2007 1:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭

Here is Angela Lansbury's Wikipedia Biography

She is best known for her role as Jessica Fletcher, starring in TV's longest-running mystery series: "Murder, She Wrote".

murder_01_JPG.jpg
    20041221-49094323041c7651d77e13.jpg

Amazingly, 263 episodes of "Murder, She Wrote" were made over the course of 12 years, How did they keep it so fresh? :rolleyes:

Recently, it has come to our attention that a fellow boards user has quite the crush on her, Kojak

Kojak apparently has the largest Angela Lansbury picture collection in the Northern Hemisphere.

Kojak also has all of the Murder She Wrote episodes except one that has to this day eluded him, episode 157 - Lines Of Excellence, if you, or anyone you know has this episode, please get in contact with him, his gratitude would know no bounds ( :eek: seriously, none whatsoever. :eek: )

Feel free to discuss Angela's amazing career, but please, with Kojak in mind, do not make disparaging remarks.

Legend? 43 votes

Yes, She wrote
    0%
    No, She wrote
    76%
    Mossy MonkRuu_OldSeekerWillymuncherEniiLadyJLarianne6thArcheronMooseJam[Deleted User]zzxxJesus Weptlimlim10unreggdMarkHallTheInvisibleFieClare Bearoksheagcgirl 33 votes
    Atari Jaguar, She wrote
    23%
    dewsburysdanseoLirangechallengemasterPogMoThoinytpe2r5bxkn0c1paulieeyeomerinNerinSupertech 10 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

No, She wrote
    Wasn't there a Murder She Wrote episode done in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

No, She wrote
    Hey Ruu!

I've no idea, Kojac would be the man to ask. :)

Kojak is a bit bashful about his Angela Lansbury thing though, he will likely get embarrased, deny it and say it's all me!

No, She wrote
    I wouldn't blame him, she is rare piece a schtuff.

:eek: Your postcount is at 666, hold it!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Ruu wrote:
    I wouldn't blame him, she is rare piece a schtuff.

Oh Ruu ... not you too!!!! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 missfrilly

WARNING THIS POST IS OF AN ADULT NATURE AND IS RATHER DISTURBING

i once had a dream i had lesbian sex with angela in a posh minimalist LA hotel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Jessica Fletcher was a serial killer roaming from town to town, murdering people then framing innocent people for her crimes before moving on.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭the boss of me

missfrilly wrote:
    WARNING THIS POST IS OF AN ADULT NATURE AND IS RATHER DISTURBING

i once had a dream i had lesbian sex with angela in a posh minimalist LA hotel

Don't suppose you have any pictures.......oooohhh Baby disturb me .!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 missfrilly

welll now that you mention it ........do a youtube search for some live frill on jess action:D

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭the boss of me

I suppose the chubby little sherriff with the cowboy hat was there too........Phew !! that cooled me back down again..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Yep Murder She Wrote did indeed feature a Orish episode in fact two, one in haunted castle (good grief, that must have been a cash-in on that terrible Neil Jordan comedy) and one set in Cork.

http://www.videodetective.com/titledetails.aspx?masterid=304101
    http://english.glendale.cc.ca.us/murder.html

Mike.

• Advertisement

No, She wrote
    I purpose a 'Murder, She Wrote" marathon screening of all 263 episodes in one sitting. (although laying, lying, sleeping, and crying, while rocking gently in the corner would all be permitted.)

My rough estimate is that this would take about 8.33 days.

All in favour say

'I wish I was Angela Lansburys lesbian lover' or the more traditional 'aie'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

My mother is really into Angela Lansbury and Murder She Wrote. I think she lives near Kinsale now and my mother has me ormented to visit her. I never get tired of watching it though!

No, She wrote
    My mother is really into Angela Lansbury and Murder She Wrote. I think she lives near Kinsale now and my mother has me ormented to visit her. I never get tired of watching it though!

Angela lives in Kinsale??

Don't let Kojak here that, or she will need a restraining order!!

Glad to hear about your Murder, She Wrote, fixation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,167 ✭✭✭Archeron

No, She wrote
    If I ever see Angela Lansbury approaching me, I am gonna run lest a hatchet find itself embedded in the back of my head, lesbian sex dreams or not.

Did her home town not have the highest murder rate in the world, with 4% of all its inhabitants having been murdered? I reckon if someone had killed Little Ms Murder she wrote in season one, there would be at least 800 people still alive today.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Where be the poll? Arrrrrr

The Irish episodes were so bad.

No, She wrote
    Sherifu wrote: »
    Where be the poll? Arrrrrr

The Irish episodes were so bad.

Poll added, almost one year after the thread was started. :p :pac:

No, She wrote
    Can Jessica Fletcher find Kojak? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Poll added, almost one year after the thread was started. :p :pac:
    See you next year for the pie chart.

No, She wrote
    Ruu wrote:
    Can Jessica Fletcher find Kojak? :(

Too true. :(

Maybe some sort of come back special.

Sherifu wrote: »
    See you next year for the pie chart.

:D:pac:

Phaaaaorrrrrrrrrr ;)
    lansbury.jpg

Angela%20Lansbury%201.jpg

Angela%20Lansbury.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Atari Jaguar, She wrote
    Ruu wrote: »
    Wasn't there a Murder She Wrote episode done in Ireland?

There was and it was the most insulting stereotypical Irish portrayal you'll ever come across.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

"Murder, She Wrote: The Celtic Riddle" it was the last episode they ever made

No, She wrote
    ^ ^ ^
    It was on RTE yesterday. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭dee8839

No, She wrote
    When I was 8 and just learning the piano, the first song I taught myself to play was the Murder She Wrote theme tune. That can't be healthy for a child, can it?! And I agree, she may have started out innocently solving murders, but due to the suspicious volume I'd say she started to enjoy the attention and things ballooned from there....!!:rolleyes::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

No, She wrote
    I thought it was Cobh she lives in....well Cork anyway, my sister used to serve her in good ol Roches Stores back in the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

No, She wrote
    The-Rigger wrote: »
    Too true. :(

Maybe some sort of come back special.

:D:pac:

Phaaaaorrrrrrrrrr ;)
    lansbury.jpg

Angela%20Lansbury%201.jpg

Angela%20Lansbury.jpg

Wow, she was gorgeous! Not to say she isn't a spicy taco now, but damn!

No, She wrote
    Indeed, she was well wet!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,167 ✭✭✭Archeron

No, She wrote
    Here I am stumbling around boards looking for something entertaining, and lo and behold, the legend of small town murder, Angela Lansbury, is back in our minds and NOW WITH A POLL!!!

I'm content now. (especially after the pictures up yonder, thank you rigger. Now I wont feel as bad being beaten to death with a frozen leg of lamb by her on some misty friday morning).

No, She wrote
    Saw her in some old film (some Roman thing) while channel surfing (past TCM) two nights in a row. :eek:

No, She wrote
    Did she get them out?

• Advertisement

No, She wrote
    Challengemaster and Nerin, I'm disapointed in you.

Advertisement