Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Get up early in the morning hack

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

I've been getting up at 6ish every morning (excluding weekends but even then I wake up a bit earlier) for the last few months.

Luckily I'm a decent sleeper so I hit the bed by 10, have all my food/bags packed for in the morning, and treat mysel with a cup of coffee if I get up on time! Really helps me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,656 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Clothes for the next day are left out the night before. Bag is packed the night before, especially if I'm going training after work.

Once the alarm goes, I throw my legs out of the bed and get up.

The time from alarm to out the door is less than 25 minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,656 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

syklops wrote: »
    My bedroom is like a bomb hit it and I have read and been told that having a neat and minimalist bedroom aides both sleep and organisation in the morning so that will be something I'll be experimenting with next.

My room isn't minimalist, per se, but everything is put away and there's no visible clutter. The wardrobes are reasonably 'organised' so I know there's no clutter behind the doors. Clutter would annoy me but also I think it helps sleep that the space around me is in order.

While I think of it, I don't give myself much time to spare in the morning between getting up and getting out. It's not overly rushed but there's no time for lying there after the alarm goes off thinking about getting up. I found that helps keep me moving.

But it takes my brain some time to switch on in the morning so everything had to be laid out that I can get to work with everything I need and without having to think :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Tune-in Radio has an alarm function (possibly only the professional version) But it works for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

mr96 wrote: »
    To stop yourself going back to bed/sleep get into a cold shower. Bit of a shock to the system at first but just breathe slowly and stay under as long as possible. Trust me you will feel amazing afterwards

I can't physically or mentally do this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

Install an electric fence to your bed, have it on a plug in timer to come on 5 minutes after your alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭SepTomBer

I'm always stuck in the bed every five minutes my alarm snooze... Lets try this thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Mr96 wrote:
    To stop yourself going back to bed/sleep get into a cold shower. Bit of a shock to the system at first but just breathe slowly and stay under as long as possible. Trust me you will feel amazing afterwards

Nothing will make me more likely to climb back into bed after the trauma of getting out of it than having a cod shower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,967 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Most modern tvs have a wakeup function, I can tell my Samsung to come on at 07:30 am Monday to Fridays only, listening to Eamonn Holmes and his vapid guests talking sh1t on Sky News usually annoys me enough to keep me awake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭melbite

I can imagine I'd still find a way to crawl back to bed :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭Doge

Thread reminds me of this! :D

Mr. Bean was the king of life hacking really, a misunderstood genius!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mcbumhole

A really good hack to waking up is have a pint of water beside your bed. As soon as you wake neck as much as you can, Im usually pretty thirsty so finish the whole thing. You are then wide awake and will not need to go back asleep.

Ive read recently its also very good for you, gets your metabalism off to a start straight away so works twofold!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Jesus .. I didn't realise so many people had such problems getting up in the morning :)

I just got into the habit of going to bed and getting up at the same time every day.

Now I tend to wake up moments before my alarm clock goes off and get up straight away as I'll feel more tired going to sleep and waking up again.

Drinking water 2 hours before bed means you'll get a pee in before sleep as well, nothing worse than waking up at 5am needing to go for a slash.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Mcbumhole

Jesus Keith you are a legend

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭colosus1908

I still believe the "kids" method is the best method..Lol

• Advertisement

Mcbumhole wrote: »
    A really good hack to waking up is have a pint of water beside your bed. As soon as you wake neck as much as you can, Im usually pretty thirsty so finish the whole thing. You are then wide awake and will not need to go back asleep.

Ive read recently its also very good for you, gets your metabalism off to a start straight away so works twofold!

I do this.. It used to be a hangover thing but now I couldn't do without it in the mornings.
    Eeden wrote: »
    I could get up, get dressed, go downstairs, put out the bins, and yet still talk myself into getting back into bed for "just another five minutes"... (this has actually happened....!)

I got to 100 yards from work before, turned around and went back to bed. That had more to do with the job though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Tony Beetroot

Relocate to a housing estate, barking dogs at half 5 every morning is the best alarm ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

I've ordered one of those Phillips wake up lights.
    They cost enough so it better work.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭identer

I just make sure i sleep very early that all.

Advertisement