Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alli Weight Loss Pills

Options
  • 15-04-2009 4:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hello,
    I'm a freelance health writer and haven't used boards.ie before. I was trying to speak to anyone out there who has tried the diet pill Alli. It's been available in the US for a couple of years and is being launched over the counter in Ireland next week and wanted to get people's opinions.
    Any help appreciated. Thanks very much.
    Best
    Marianne

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

mazzapazza wrote: »
    Hello,
    I'm a freelance health writer and haven't used boards.ie before. I was trying to speak to anyone out there who has tried the diet pill Alli. It's been available in the US for a couple of years and is being launched over the counter in Ireland next week and wanted to get people's opinions.
    Best
    Marianne

used them before...

after a week they cut my insides apart ( or so it felt )

it takes a few weeks to get adjusted, but i didnt have the patience...

Threadmill, weights and a semi health deit wins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 gabbygirlgavin

Hi,
    I just started Alli last monday.
    If u would like to p.m. me i can answer all your questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lelaconnolly

hey marianne,

i see you were looking to follow someone who is using the alli tablets!
    i see that lorna wasnt a fan and gave up! well i am starting it next week if your still looking to follow someone!

lisa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Gotchathinkin'!

I started on Monday (May11th) and am aiming for a reduction from 22.5 stone to 17. I realise that it is not a magic pill but maybe the realisation that I finally had to do something made me follow the plan. So in the last three days I have:

Had no ill effects from using Alli
    Reduced my calorific intake from approx 4350 to 1200
    Increased my activity to one hour power-walk per evening (too heavy to put pressure on knees and hips from running yet.)

I will be honest, though. I am bl**dy hungry. I used to "graze" and miss that but I really want to knock the weight off.

I am male, by the way, and being 6' 4" has helped me hide the weight easily (or so I thought.) So, onwards and, hopefully, downwards!

Just in addition, for those who want a little laugh, I used to smoke approx 30 a day, had six-pack and pecs and quit smoking when I met my wife. I am thinking that I was healthier as a smoker. The weight came on when I replaced smoking with "grazing." Who'd of thought it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭MarthaT

Used them for a while, they did work, but I had some gastric side effects :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

So in the last three days I have:
    Reduced my calorific intake from approx 4350 to 1200
    Increased my activity to one hour power-walk per evening (too heavy to put pressure on knees and hips from running yet.)

If you're doing that, why do you need a diet pill?
    You're now taking in approx. 25% of the calories you once were, and you're exercising an hour a day. You're gonna lose weight doing that...it's not gonna have anything to do with the pill.
    But when the weight does come off, you'll probably tell everyone that the Alli pill is brilliant, whereas it's actually you that's brilliant and lost the weight on your own.

I appreciate that you might be using the pill to spur you on to do something about your weight, and if that method works for you, great.
    But its definitely gonna be you that's doing the work.

actually the pill also decreases your fat intake and it causes u to cut down on the fat intake, its more of a kick in the ass, not a magic diet pill. its like your own personal trainer in your ear sayin u cant eat this!! there is strct enough guide lines about the fat intake. it was a boost for me more than anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

actually the pill also decreases your fat intake and it causes u to cut down on the fat intake, its more of a kick in the ass, not a magic diet pill. its like your own personal trainer in your ear sayin u cant eat this!! there is strct enough guide lines about the fat intake. it was a boost for me more than anything.

it doesnt decrease your fat intake ...it causes fats to flow straight through your body - eat something fatty and you get the sh1ts.

its pretty much just an amino specific diahorria pill ( a fat inhibitor for want of a better term ..... which stops fats from stopping in your digestive system and performing any natural healthy function...so the fats just flow straight through)

Yes i agree with you but this alli tablet doesnt stop all the fat. The Alli tablets that stop all the fat can only be perscribed by a doctor and u have to have a bmi over 36. The alli tablet over the counter states it stops 20percent of the fat being absorbed into the body...

• Registered Users Posts: 22 cathyk626

I have been on Allie since sunday (4 days now), i have had no effects and havnt lost any weight. I started a diet last month so have been eating healthy for a while now (didnt change my eating habbits as there healthy) and still havnt lost a pound. i am really hoping that this will work!!!!

PS should i take the tablet before my meal or after??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ace_racer

Hi Cathy,
    Dont give up hope just yet, I have been on Alli for about 6weeks now and have lost a stone. I havnt been the best avocate for it in that I tend to skip meals, and my exercise most days is my 30 min walk to work, hence its taken 6wks to loose the stone! But it clearly does work, I have never experienced these bad side effects ppl talk about, but maybe i put that down to never eating take aways or much junk food, (im a finicky eater-but crisps/pizza/choc are my down fall), and im also a vegetarian. so my advice- stick to it, im going to get serious about it now too. iv started leaving for work 20min earlier to get a good walk in, so hopefully the weight will start falling off!!! Iv at least 12lb left to lose..
    My pharmacist says take them just before you have your meal, with your meal, or at least with in 30mins after having your meal.. even though it says you can take them up to an hour after eating. I generally take them before I have my food. Anyway, keep the fate!!!
    :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 afaphoenix

mazzapazza wrote: »
    Hello,
    Best
    Marianne

Hi Marianne
    I tried these pills and all I got was bloating. If you follo their instructions and use a low fat diet, drink lots of water and excercise you are going to lose weight anyway.
    Did you ever try power plate machine it is great 10 mins on it and you feel on top of the world
    afaphoenix:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 mazzapazza

Guys, thanks so much for all your replies.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement