Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Android question

• 14-11-2019 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Whats the difference between Google search bar app and chrome on android ?
    When I open and bookmark a webpage after a Google search. I can't access it through chrome. I have to do another Google search. Open a random Web page. Then open bookmarks. Then the saved page.
    What's the Google search app browser called anyway ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

You can add a search bar widget belonging to chrome instead of the google app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Tara4 wrote: »
    What's the Google search app browser called anyway ?

"Google"

10/10 to the product team that decided that one :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Tara4

ED E wrote: »
    "Google"

10/10 to the product team that decided that one :rolleyes:

Seriously ? The browser is called 'google' ?

com.google.android if you want to be formal about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Tara4

sentient_6 wrote: »
    You can add a search bar widget belonging to chrome instead of the google app.

Tried. Couldn't find any widget on my phone for chrome search bar. :-(

Do I have to download it or something?

• Advertisement

Once Chrome is installed it should be there.

The "Search" widget is "Google" and "Chrome Search" is obv Chrome.

You're using the browser inside the Google app. Lots of apps do similar behaviour.

To change it, open Google app > Tap more at bottom right > Settings > General > Toggle off 'open web pages in the app'

Advertisement