Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chrome randomly crashing.

• 21-11-2015 12:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Not sure if this is the right place but over the past week or so, Chrome will randomly just close. Since yesterday it's also developed a problem where I'll be browsing a webpage and all of a sudden the page will just go turn white and it'll take a few refresh attempts to get it back to normal. Any ideas?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Duff wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Not sure if this is the right place but over the past week or so, Chrome will randomly just close. Since yesterday it's also developed a problem where I'll be browsing a webpage and all of a sudden the page will just go turn white and it'll take a few refresh attempts to get it back to normal. Any ideas?

Cheers.
    Have you downloaded/installed anything new in the last few days? Have you ran an antivirus scan and adware scan like malwarebytes?

You could also uninstall chrome and install it again to see if that fixes it. Are you on windows 7,10?

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Sorry should've said. No, I haven't downloaded anything at all recently. There is an extension called SearchMe that somehow got installed that I can't seem to delete no matter how many times I disable it from the extensions menu. I'm running Mac OS X on a Macbook Pro. It's relatively new (5 weeks old) so haven't installed/ran any adware/malware scans yet. Any recommendations? Thanks.

Sorry should've said. No, I haven't downloaded anything at all recently. There is an extension called SearchMe that somehow got installed that I can't seem to delete no matter how many times I disable it from the extensions menu. I'm running Mac OS X on a Macbook Pro. It's relatively new (5 weeks old) so haven't installed/ran any adware/malware scans yet. Any recommendations? Thanks.

Uninstall chrome and reinstall it. Not overly familiar with macs but go to applications and try find that searchbar application and remove it also.

Cheers, I'll give that a go. Is there anyway to back up bookmarks etc before uninstalling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Cheers, I'll give that a go. Is there anyway to back up bookmarks etc before uninstalling?

Once you've signed into your Google account in chrome they should all be backed up to that. Just sign in again when you've reinstalled and all your bookmarks and preferences should be restored.

• Advertisement

All tied to your google account as far as I know so once you sign back in it'll pull them in. Only problem with this is it may install that searchbar too.

FrostyJim wrote: »
    All tied to your google account as far as I know so once you sign back in it'll pull them in. Only problem with this is it may install that searchbar too.

If he's unable to remove the searchbar now then it's probably an extension that was installed from outside the Google app store, pretty sure chrome will only reinstall extensions from within the app store.

Re-installed Chrome and everything seems to be running smoothly so far. The Searchme extension was still there when I re-installed it however. I've disabled it from the menu but can't seem to find it in my applications to delete entirely.

Do you have a torrent client installed on the Mac?

Yes, UTorret?

• Advertisement

The search me extension was probably bundled with the utorrent installation. Have a search for searchme extension removal, you'll probably find lots of people with the same issue and somebody will have figured out how to remove it.

Advertisement