Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PVC Rigid and Flexible

Options
  • 31-05-2020 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Can I use solvent to join 32mm outside diameter rigid PVC pipe to 36mm (32mm inside diameter) flexible pvc hose?

It's a question of whether the solvent is compatible with both rigid and flexible PVC pipe.

E

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Why not get a jubilee clip?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭exaisle

To be quite honest, it's because I have solvent and 36mm pipe and I don't have jubilee clips!

I've tried a test piece with the solvent so I'll know if it's effective in a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

exaisle wrote: »
    To be quite honest, it's because I have solvent and 36mm pipe and I don't have jubilee clips!

I've tried a test piece with the solvent so I'll know if it's effective in a few hours.

If it doesn't set in 5 mins it's not going to be effective or will detach after abit

Advertisement