Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of replacement electric shower + fitted.. roughly ?

Options
  • 26-05-2020 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

Hi guy's, I'm no use with plumbing or electrics but seems the shower has just given up the ghost. From googling I see there are pumpted showers etc... I'm not sure what type I have but the model is .... Mira Elite st

All of a sudden the water pressure has become low and the shower is making like a grinding noise inside it.

I see from Woodies the rough cost of a shower is around 250, any idea how much a plumber would charge to replace a shower ?

I've tried a few numbers of plumbers but no answer.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

https://www.dublinshowerrepair.com
    Dublin Shower Repair | Shower Replacement Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭brophs

Hi guy's, I'm no use with plumbing or electrics but seems the shower has just given up the ghost. From googling I see there are pumpted showers etc... I'm not sure what type I have but the model is .... Mira Elite st

All of a sudden the water pressure has become low and the shower is making like a grinding noise inside it.

I see from Woodies the rough cost of a shower is around 250, any idea how much a plumber would charge to replace a shower ?

I've tried a few numbers of plumbers but no answer.

Cheers

We had the low pressure light and a bit of noise and it was just a dirty filter (after you take off the cover, it's behind a small plastic shield on the bottom left).

If you're reasonably handy/confident enough to do it, take off that the black nut in the picture below with an adjustable spanner (obviously you should turn off the power and water first) and clean it out to see if it helps. Even rinsing it under the tap usually removes most of the grit.

https://www.showerspares.com/search/mira_elite_st_inlet_filter_assembly_1829.064/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,919 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

It should work out cheaper for shower repair company to supply and fit rather than you buy the shower & pay separately for installation. You'll get a Triton t90sr or Mira Elite SE supplied & fitted for under 350 euros in Dublin. The Mira Elite SE dual with rain head will be under 500 supplied & fitted

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

brophs wrote: »
    We had the low pressure light and a bit of noise and it was just a dirty filter (after you take off the cover, it's behind a small plastic shield on the bottom left).

If you're reasonably handy/confident enough to do it, take off that the black nut in the picture below with an adjustable spanner (obviously you should turn off the power and water first) and clean it out to see if it helps. Even rinsing it under the tap usually removes most of the grit.

https://www.showerspares.com/search/mira_elite_st_inlet_filter_assembly_1829.064/
    This is the solution here, if not an issue with the pump its the filter, I do this for my parents every now and then and it restores normal service

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭DubInTheWest

Thanks for the replies.

Well, I called some guy out, it cost 90 quid to fix. Over the phone he thought it was the pump but I heard him talking to the guy he had with him and he said something about brushes being blocked or something like that so the final cost was 90. If it was the pump it would have been 140.

He quoted me 380 for a new triton to replace the mira.

I'm in the Galway area now, not dublin so I'm not sure if he is expensive or not.

Just pleased to have it back up and running.

• Advertisement
Advertisement