Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eglobal

• 21-05-2020 10:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭

Just seen something I like on eglobal. Are they based in eu or where? Any extra charges do you know?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

There's a thread on the photography forum about them, go to the last page. Looks like it's very mixed.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057154505&page=58

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Roycropper63

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,933 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I've bought from them a few times without issue.
    They do have EU shipping for some stuff, but generally tranship.

Consolidation of a few EU orders send from HK to UK and then break down the pallet for onward individual shipping.

I've never had a problem or needed to engage with their CS so can't offer comment other than I got what I paid for and I was a happy customer.

Camera gear and electronics from them is generay considered "gray" market for warranty purposes and I know some of the photo guys have encountered problems with trying to obtain euro warranty service on Asia market only models.

They are based in HK. They arrange it so there are no extra charges, it's all a bit hazy but whatever they're doing results in the parcel coming to you from Europe/UK (after a long delay, clearly they are coming from HK) and thus no extra charges.

I've bought the odd watch from them, no problem. The consensus is that they're fine until something goes wrong/missing.

Was looking at a Seiko but wasn't sure where they were based. Takes me ages to decide on a watch and need it asap!!!!!
    Many thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Used them a couple of times, always got stung on import tax. Speedy enough delivery during normal times.

Would creation be any better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,708 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

You're very likely to get stung on VAT and admin fee from Creation too. Even if you choose the option to get the watch shipped in a pouch (no box no papers). There is no import tax on watches BTW.

That said, Creation have such incredible deals sometimes that even when caught for customs it's still a good deal. Bought an SKX009 a few years ago from Creation that I sold soon after for a few bob more than it cost me, including the VAT and admin charge I got stung for.

How would I find out what import tax free would be? They have free carriage with DHL at the moment too

• Advertisement

There is no import tax. Only VAT. Which is 23%. And then there is a handling fee which depends on the courier. But typically a fixed fee of about €14

So if you buy a €200 watch, then €46 (23% of €200) + €14 = €60 will be your customs bill

Thanks. Very helpfull. Now to decide!!!!!!

Always some good value Seikos on creation :D

There is a model called the bottle top which looks nice. It's different

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭oxocube

unkel wrote: »
    Always some good value Seikos on creation :D

I got my SKX011J1 from Creation. It was €279 delivered with customs and VAT :cool:

Just looked it up. Seiko SKX009 for €137 including shipping. Late 2018. Pretty incredible price, you'd pay nearly twice that second hand these days!

I should have bought a container full of them :pac:

Advertisement