Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hikvison setup

Options
  • 19-05-2020 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I have 3 x Hikvision done cameras, ones we weren’t using in work anymore.

Also have a hikvision turbo DVR that a CCTV installer very kindly gave to me.

Today I wired up all the cameras, connected them to a switch, the switch to my dvr and they are all in turn connected to my home network.

I tried Viewing then in hik connect app, nothing displaying.

Tried adding the cameras serial numbers in ivms and it doesn’t allow me too.

Any ideas here? Does everything need to be factory reset before it will work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

Hi Guys,

I have 3 x Hikvision done cameras, ones we weren’t using in work anymore.

Also have a hikvision turbo DVR that a CCTV installer very kindly gave to me.

Today I wired up all the cameras, connected them to a switch, the switch to my dvr and they are all in turn connected to my home network.

I tried Viewing then in hik connect app, nothing displaying.

Tried adding the cameras serial numbers in ivms and it doesn’t allow me too.

Any ideas here? Does everything need to be factory reset before it will work?

You should be able to pick them up on your network when connected to the WIFI. I assume you have a connection from your router to the switch?
    can you view them on the DVR?

Advertisement