Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Watch arses

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Cassius99

CqxcjAj.jpg

Picked this one up for dirt cheap on a Japanese auction site and it had been badly abused. The rechargeable battery was as good as dead, and some one had not only managed to snap the crown and stem, but had then wedged the broken bits between the date wheel and the dial.

NJFgqUW.jpg

I've been messing around with it the last few weeks and have got almost everything back on track. But theres a plastic gasket which sits between the bezel and the casing to secure it, and it needs to be exactly right before putting pressure on, otherwise you'll mash the gasket. I've had prior success with these, but I've already done in one and the bits can be hard to come by...

YLjherJ.jpg

Which brings me to my next question...anyone know a decent watchmaker in the South East or Dublin with a press to sort this bad boy out and finally get it back in action?? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭athlone573

Which brings me to my next question...anyone know a decent watchmaker in the South East or Dublin with a press to sort this bad boy out and finally get it back in action?? :)

The only place I would trust to do more than change a battery or adjust a bracelet is Dawson Jewellers but they're closed due to lockdown. There may be others I don't know of .

Those monobloc cases were designed to keep Citizen service centers in business ..

Those monobloc cases were designed to keep Citizen service centers in business ..

Until even they said to hell with that!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,940 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Cassius99 wrote: »
    Until even they said to hell with that!! :)

Did Calcul take a look and say that?

banie01 wrote: »
    Did Calcul take a look and say that?

Sorry, I should have clarified that I'm only going on what I've been reading online...I hadn't contacted them for the simple reason that i had managed to sort out the issues bar the closing by myself.

In any posts on watch sites about more serious internal issues people basically said they had received short shrift from Citizen everywhere....I know there was a few lads in the UK doing repairs on them via ebay and the likes too, who most people wanting fixes had then turned to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Roycropper63

@99 lovely looking back and front...
    Been hankering after a modern version which might happen sometime

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭PhantomHat

JPdZbbl.jpg92md3EOPsdOLMy Longines Conquest Heritage Automatic Chronograph. Love this watch.

544350.jpg

92md3EOPsdOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

All lovely bottoms - just something that I've found personally - for example on the Speedmaster - I get an imprint and some skin getting rubbed off from wearing the watch over the course of the day - just me or do others experience it too? And does anyone have solutions to imprinted wrists?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

@PhantomHat That is very nice, but why is the 'i' on Longines lower case when the rest is capitalised?

That would make my eye twitch.

Can't possibly be a mistake, Shirley?

What is the significance?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

The original 60's Conquests had the same lower case i. That seems to be the only reason. I don't know why they did it back then either as Longines logos never did. They were uppercase LONGINES and the only example I can recall of one even having a lowercase i was the logo around 1900 where the L alone was uppercase.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Meanwhile, my quest to track down some of the rarer models of the Citizen Promaster Tough 'Ray Mears' series continues. This time its the companion piece to the Yellowstone, the Aoraki/Mount Cook, model number 7878-H30351TA/PMU56-2487.

It's very small (34mm approx) and I believe was marketed as the "womens" version. A larger 39/40mm model also exists. That said I dont have the biggest wrists and it wears well on a nice canvas NATO without looking circus freak small....

xDKgnfU.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

There’s a mine of useless information on the back of a DAMASKO

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

Advertisement