Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All UK Racing Suspended

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭PillarToPost

Racing goes ahead in Ireland, makes sense we don't have that many meetings and no reason it can't tick a long with no crowds

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

What part of I placed a bet in a PP shop in Limerick yesterday are you having difficulty in understanding?

He's made his point twice now. Paddy Power publicly stated ALL shops would be closed from Monday evening, so if you placed a bet in a Powers shop yesterday then it shouldn't have been open.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

What part of I placed a bet in a PP shop in Limerick yesterday are you having difficulty in understanding?

Paddy Power closed ALL shops Monday
    All of them

Why are you insisting you were in one Tuesday
    You weren't

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Your kidding me!
    You put your money over the counter of an industry which had announced impending shop closures due to the virus. So the onus is on you to know whether they would be open when you intended to collect.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭ustari

Wonder what happens with race sponsorship now?

Lot of companies will be under pressure and presuming that sponsorship expectations would include being mentioned at the track, photo opps etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Get in!! Gagging for a punt

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Get in!! Gagging for a punt

I misread that as pint!

I misread that as pint!

I gagging for one of them as well

Stephen Power aka the racing blogger is f*cked with COVID 19.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

He's an attention seeker just trying to stay relevant now his mugs have no shorties to follow him in to. Bookies mouthpiece for mug punters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Probably got it off the Italian Stallion.

Hope himself and the stallion are quarantined for 10 years

• Registered Users Posts: 12,148 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

But he can't get tested according to himself :rolleyes:

Attention seeking twat now on the dole again makes sh!t up on twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Bad form all the same.
    They took my money yesterday knowing that they would be closing that evening.

Ah jaysus Dan I hope you're taking the piss. Bookie shops are dirtier than a pub toilet on a Saturday night. Lads coughing, picking their noses and generally being dirty bastards. Surely you don't begrudge the staff getting away from that in the current climate.
    I'd safely say the staff only found out they were shutting when the customers did.
    A friend of mine is an area manager for one of the bigger bookmakers, in charge of a lot of shops and he only found out about his firms plans for closure about 5 minutes before it was on social media so I'd say a lot of the in shop staff found out on facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭MaxBet

Top marks for describing the bookies clientele there pat !!

Hardly ever in a shop these days but years ago there was an old codger used to come into the local to eat the biscuits and put 50p on the Bags. The bang of piss off him wasn’t right

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

What about Ladbrokes, Bar One, are they open?

Ah jaysus Dan I hope you're taking the piss. Bookie shops are dirtier than a pub toilet on a Saturday night. Lads coughing, picking their noses and generally being dirty bastards.

Jesus Pat I don't know what sort of clientele go into your bookies , the only ones I ever saw carrying on like that were the ones behind the counter.
    Anyway( apart from online) how do I get a bet on for Dundalk tomorrow or Thurles Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Earendil

Jesus Pat I don't know what sort of clientele go into your bookies , the only ones I ever saw carrying on like that were the ones behind the counter.
    Anyway( apart from online) how do I get a bet on for Dundalk tomorrow or Thurles Saturday.

Take a break.

It's OK I got sorted, thanks.

What about Ladbrokes, Bar One, are they open?

?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

?

Yep, all open.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

No accounts I take it Dan

No accounts I take it Dan

Never had and never will P.
    I find handing over hard cash makes me a little more disciplined when placing a bet. Besides I think the stunner at the local bookies fancies me!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Nearly all of it to be honest with ya.

Racing suspension has had a terrible effect on poor Stephen Power
    He nearly died lads......... Cough
    What a hero to pull through

He probably have Aids next

What ye reckon lads
    How long before we can spend a Saturday in a bookies and a pub again

What ye reckon lads
    How long before we can spend a Saturday in a bookies and a pub again

I think we will have racing before we are back in the bookies or back in the pub. I can see them getting permission to race behind closed doors.

On a positive note it is going to be a really exciting flat season insofar as I would be getting prepared for much busier cards. Trainers will not have the luxury of laying out any 3 year olds, the season is going to be too short for pulling any good ones for too long.

On a negative note it will be difficult for punters as we will not have much form to go on. Personally I am not going to have a big bets for a few months. Although I will struggle to not have a bet on any group 1's.

After-timing alert, I backed a winner at Randwick on Saturday morning.:pac:

If flat season gets going SURELY bookies reopen with distance rules?

If flat season gets going SURELY bookies reopen with distance rules?

What about the pens Rog?

I pick my nose with bookies pens, true story. Unconsciously it is worth adding but if it is not going in my nose it is scratching my neck or dewaxing my ears... sorry.

I will be sticking to online until they have a vaccine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement