Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT UK Takeover: Dublin - Show finally cancelled

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

sky88 wrote: »
    id agree tbh hopefully a good solid crowd were it makes them come back

I need to know the potential card to day for sure but I may pick up some tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I need to know the potential card to day for sure but I may pick up some tickets.

ill definitely get a ticket myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

The card won't make a difference to the amount of tickets sold. Unless a main roster wrestler is added.

None of the NXT UK wrestlers are households names. Anyone out there who is impressed by any of the matches to be announced is already inclined to be buying a ticket anyway.

Having said that, I'm sure there will be a large amount of people buying tickets for the kids and whatever simply because it has WWE in the name of the event. I suppose it is like when the Man Utd or Liverpool youth teams come over here to take on a local team, there is always a good turn out, even though only a small percentage of those in attendance will know who the young Man Utd or Liverpool players are. Most people go and bring the kids simply because it's a big club playing in their town.

Similiarly, the names announced for Takeover won't make a difference to people who have never heard of them when it comes to their decision to buy a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

id be suprised if its not just Finn from regular NXT then if it sells really bad ticket sellinga few more named

be a great way for sheamus to complete the grand-slam winning the IC title at home not that i think that would happen

• Registered Users Posts: 37,872 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I'm buying a ticket no matter what the card is. This is massive for Irish wrestling fans and been a Sunday night too. Saying that will it start earlier say 5pm and be over by 8.30-9

Afaik the Coventry tapings next weekend are the last before Dublin and the next TV tapings are Bournemouth the weekend after?

The coranavirus better have ****ed off by then

• Advertisement

It's a save bet after what happened on NXT last night that they will be something between
    Finn and Imperium
    at this event but could happen at mania takeover instead

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Tickets march 2nd 9am

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Tickets march 2nd 9am

Any price scale?

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Any price scale?

Tickets for NXT UK TakeOver: Dublin can be purchased at www.ticketmaster.ie from Monday, March 2 at 9.00am.

Prices: €28.00 / €44.20 / €65.70

very reasonable

DOORS 7.30

Doors at 7.30 is interesting..
    preshow starts at 8, main show 8.30 to 10.30 then?

• Advertisement

Ticket master saying 3 presale today at 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

Presale code there if anyone wants it

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Dessler

Presale code there if anyone wants it

Yes I desperately want it! I might not be able to get tickets on Monday morning before the sell out

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Dessler wrote: »
    Yes I desperately want it! I might not be able to get tickets on Monday morning before the sell out

I genuinely don't think they'll "sell out". Now, front rows might. But I'd say you'll get tickets long term no problem, and the 3Arena has great views all over.

Any word on layout? I presume there'll have to be some sections changed to accomodate the fact there'll be commentator tables, camera crews, etc?

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I genuinely don't think they'll "sell out". Now, front rows might. But I'd say you'll get tickets long term no problem, and the 3Arena has great views all over.

Any word on layout? I presume there'll have to be some sections changed to accomodate the fact there'll be commentator tables, camera crews, etc?

I'd like to get good seats yeah. It's just worst timing ever for me because I'm starting a new job on Monday and I don't think they'd like it if I took out my phone to buy some wrestling tickets during orientation haha

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Gaw_

Hope I can get front row tickets!
    €65.70 is a great price for the best seats. Shure don't OTT charge €64.91 for front row so there you go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭showpony1

Gaw_ wrote: »
    Hope I can get front row tickets!
    €65.70 is a great price for the best seats. Shure don't OTT charge €64.91 for front row so there you go

harsh to criticize OTT's prices, there won't be as big a star as Jon Moxley on the UK Takeover card.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭noisenotmusic

Doors at 7.30 is interesting..
    preshow starts at 8, main show 8.30 to 10.30 then?

3arena page has doors at 6:30pm

https://3arena.ie/artist/nxt-uk-takeover/3061

Where did those ticket prices come from? Can't see it listed anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Gaw_

showpony1 wrote: »
    harsh to criticize OTT's prices, there won't be as big a star as Jon Moxley on the UK Takeover card.

Not criticizing mate I'll be at both shows. I'm just saying I'm happy the prices are lower this time. Ticketmaster charged €138 for front row NXT Live 2016 so this is a welcome change :)

Tickets for NXT UK TakeOver: Dublin can be purchased at www.ticketmaster.ie from Monday, March 2 at 9.00am.

Prices: €28.00 / €44.20 / €65.70

very reasonable

DOORS 7.30

Happy with that price but sadly might indicate no special main roster appearances but feck it what can ya do

Reckon that's a miss print on the times and doors will be 18.30pm as normal for most events in the arena with the show kicking off at 19.30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Lord TSC wrote: »

Yeah, I was trying to think where the hard cam will be. The layout for the house shows there don't really have a section for the camera and all that.

Yeah, I was trying to think where the hard cam will be. The layout for the house shows there don't really have a section for the camera and all that.

Hardly going to swing the arena around in such there will be a section of seats where the stage is and the entrance ramp will be under Blocks A or G meaning the hard cams will be where the sounddesks are for concerts?

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Hardly going to swing the arena around in such there will be a section of seats where the stage is and the entrance ramp will be under Blocks A or G meaning the hard cams will be where the sounddesks are for concerts?
    That sounds, plausible but not ideal.

That sounds, plausible but not ideal.

How do they record the UFC/Belator there ?

PTH2009 wrote: »
    How do they record the UFC/Belator there ?

Kinda looks like this for taped MMA

0_inpho_00978960.jpg

Anyone else just getting Alanis Morrisette listings on the link that 3 sent out?

Anyone else just getting Alanis Morrisette listings on the link that 3 sent out?

yup

no sign yet

Same bloody annoying

The page on normal TM just days presale happening now

• Advertisement

Does this kind of thing happen often for 3 presales does anyone know?

Man, this sucks. It's like rain on your wedding day

Advertisement