Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Recommend a Podcast

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Elliottsmum79

I highly reccommend
    Freakanomics radio
    TED Radio Hour

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Most of the ones I listen to have already be mentioned but I would like to throw in'

The Tuesday Club - Comedian Alan Davies and friends discuss all things Arsenal, it's both hilarious and a very good football podcast even if it is focused on Arsenal. The lads are true fans and they really know their stuff.

NTN: The Night Time Network - If you're a Ray Foley fan this is a must.

Simon Mayo's Confessions - is also very good light listening. Some of the stories can be tame but more often than not the best part is Matt's reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

Also, can highly recommend
    "The Lapse, Storytelling podcast"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Anyone suffering Serial withdrawal should check out Sword and Scale. It's an excellent true crime podcast, fascinating and terrifying.

Scroobius Pip's Distraction Pieces.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

Never knew Scroob had a podcast.
    Looking at the back catalogue there's a good mix of guests from music, comedy and film.

Thanks for the recommendation.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

'The biggest problem in the universe'.

Lot of vitriol, can be amusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

eviltwin wrote: »
    Anyone suffering Serial withdrawal should check out Sword and Scale. It's an excellent true crime podcast, fascinating and terrifying.

This is brilliant! Thank you for the recommendation :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

Seconded. I never knew he had a stammer until I listened to the podcast. The episode with Dylan Moran was very good, apparently saying "Dylan Moran" nearly always makes him stammer quite badly at "Dylan", but he can say the name Dylan on its own no problem. The Frank Turner episode was very good as well, two guys who obviously love music a lot.

Just discovered Thinking Sideways, a podcast dedicated to unsolved mysteries. It covers everything from famous unsolved murders to missing persons and urban legends. Highly recommended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Well I listen to some dance music podcasts on the phone at work.

Keeping The Rave Alive from DJ Kutski
    Kiddfectious Podcast from Alex Kidd and Co.

Just some of the best, hate the Tiesto rubbish now.

Going to give that Welcome To Night Vale podcast a go here now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Didn't like it, think the accent is grating for me.

Another one I've listened to is The Fredcast for international cycling news/results/interviews and product reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Slideways

Just discovered Thinking Sideways, a podcast dedicated to unsolved mysteries. It covers everything from famous unsolved murders to missing persons and urban legends. Highly recommended.

Listened to the Jack the Ripper one today. Really good podcast! Thanks for the heads up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Listened to a few of these, quite good but it depends on the topic also. can you recommend a few of your favourites as they have a huge back catalogue so would like to listen to the best ones.

My recommendation is "The Big interview with Graham"

Its a new podcast from Graham Hunter and if you follow football you will know who he is. Basically he sits down with a guest each week and discusses the game at depth. There have only been 3 episodes so far, Jamie Carragher, Gordon Strachan and Gary Neville.

allybhoy wrote: »
    Listened to a few of these, quite good but it depends on the topic also. can you recommend a few of your favourites as they have a huge back catalogue so would like to listen to the best ones.

My recommendation is "The Big interview with Graham"

Its a new podcast from Graham Hunter and if you follow football you will know who he is. Basically he sits down with a guest each week and discusses the game at depth. There have only been 3 episodes so far, Jamie Carragher, Gordon Strachan and Gary Neville.

There is an unsolved mystery thread on After Hours and some of those were featured. I like creepy mysteries so Elisa Lam is a good one as is the mystery of Lori Ruff. The latest one about the Mills family is interesting, they go into the history of Jim Jones and the Jonestown massacre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭ahlookit

Really like "99% invisible" and "This American Life", but they have been mentioned before.

One that I haven't seen mentioned here is "No Such Thing As a Fish". Researchers working on the QI show discuss their 4 favourite facts they discovered during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭fizzypish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CakkO3WywU
    Bill Burr & Joe Derosa: Uninformed

Fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

fizzypish wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CakkO3WywU
    Bill Burr & Joe Derosa: Uninformed

Fantastic!

Is that the old episodes?

Burr had talked about bringing it back on his podcast last year but doesn't seem to have gotten beyond that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭fizzypish

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Is that the old episodes?

Burr had talked about bringing it back on his podcast last year but doesn't seem to have gotten beyond that point.

Ya tis old. Only started listening 2 months ago so I've a great back log to gt through.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

Spontaneanation with Paul F. Tompkins
    Never Not Funny The Jimmy Pardo Podcast
    TOFOP
    The Flop House

• Advertisement

Last Podcast on the Left, a crime/ unsolved mystery podcast but with a good dose of comedy thrown it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 greensterpod

Hey, I've a podcast on audioboom. check it out please. It's called 'TheGreensterPodcast'.

Thanks Guys :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,645 ✭✭✭Worztron

Hey, I've a podcast on audioboom. check it out please. It's called 'TheGreensterPodcast'.

Thanks Guys :D

Will check it out.

Update: Don't like it.

What is the main topic(s) of the show? It's very scattered at the moment. I wish you well with it.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭thevinylword

I've started a new weekly music podcast. There won't be much in the way of mixing, just playing some tunes I'd like to share. Complete mix of styles. Feel free to subscribe, I've a D/L link there too.

Episode 1 is Caribbean, Afrobeat, Island Disco-ey stuff - https://www.mixcloud.com/WobbieCostelloe/the-vinyl-word-episode-1-wilsons-wistful-wishful-and-wearisome-waxy-wavy-sunset/

Episode 2 is a bit deeper, some deep house, hip hop and soul - https://www.mixcloud.com/WobbieCostelloe/the-vinyl-word-episode-2-sadly-skimming-stones/

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Culture Craic

Hey folks, we make an (almost) fortnightly podcast called Culture Craic. It's trying to capture that feeling of chatting in the pub with your mates so every episode we put a few topics on the table while trying out a new beer. Check out the latest episode (ep 20) to get a sense of what the show is like.

Hope you enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Detective, an old American detective talks about his murder cases.

Extremely interesting

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Suprised Startalk Radio hasn't been mentioned in here.

The History of World War 2 is also, quite good. Very detailed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 irish_m93

A good podcast series is the Near FM History Show by Cathal Brennan and John Dorney - which takes an alternative look at Irish history. It is well structured, diverse, and interviews some interesting speakers/historians.

Also worth a listen is the Near FM Podcast "To the Ends of the Earth" - which examines Irish historical influences in South America.

• Site Banned Posts: 205 ✭✭Datallus

"The Writer's Almanac" is a nice daily podcast, a 5 minute dose of poetry and history.

http://writersalmanac.org/

7 days a week :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,407 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I've been listening to "Criminal" recently and I'm really enjoying it.
    It's a podcast about true crime stories and there are some really interesting stories in there such as this one: http://thisiscriminal.com/episode-30-the-agreement/

I'd highly recommend giving the show a listen.

Advertisement