Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Waiting Room - 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Harveli18

Sent the weekly email ... another day, another denial :rolleyes:

Please be aware that your file is still undergoing our vetting process. The vetting process is multi-tiered and thorough for each applicant and each file is vetted on an individual basis. Unfortunately we do not currently have a completion date for your file at the moment.

Prayer-circle for an offer some time soon.

I actually didn’t bother with the email today, I didn’t want the disappointed of getting the usual response so just hoping and praying an email might come our way this evening!!!

Any offers today??

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭banjoh_10

Harveli18 wrote: »
    Any offers today??

Nothing today. What campaign are you?

banjoh_10 wrote: »
    Nothing today. What campaign are you?

2018. What about you?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭banjoh_10

Harveli18 wrote: »
    2018. What about you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Aaron123

No offers, think they sent them early for the bank holiday..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭dublin2000A

Aaron123 wrote: »
    No offers, think they sent them early for the bank holiday..

agreed! they're on their bank holiday now! the waiting game continues so add another 5 reps to your push ups, another 5 to your sit ups and when you have run so hard that you want to vomit run some more!

When the offer comes and it will!!!, don't let it catch you off guard

we have all worked too hard to be complacent,

It is coming!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 rboa98s165xzh3

Seconding this !

Dont take your foot off the gas once the PCT is done...totally not based on personal experience, absolutely not wanting to vomit doing beep tests now...

• Registered Users Posts: 14 jackhynes99

Anyone any clue when the next recruitment drive will be?

Any ideas or hints from within the boys in blue??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭ussrsoviet

Any ideas or hints from within the boys in blue??[/quote

There won’t be another recruitment drive for 2-3 years , they are finishing up the current drive and it’s thought that will be it for a long time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 jackhynes99

ussrsoviet wrote: »

There won’t be another recruitment drive for 2-3 years , they are finishing up the current drive and it’s thought that will be it for a long time

Ohh really?? I thought they where planning to recruit a load of new guards before 2021??

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Alana123

Where did you hear that information?
    I heard that they won’t stop recruitment like they did in 2008 because it had a lot of negative effects!

ussrsoviet wrote: »

There absolutely will be a recruitment campaign and it won’t be 2-3 years away. They will hammer the 2018/19’s through and start a new campaign, let’s not forget how long it takes for some to go through the process From start to finish.

Even with the numbers from 2018 and 2019 campaigns still waiting for a call up they are still short on the numbers proposed for 2020/2021

There is a huge amount of current members of AGS who will be Eligible for retirement and those who absolutely have to retire due to their age this year and they will need to be replaced !

The absolute fact is that Nobody knows when they will recruit again but if you keep an eye on all the ‘exam prep’ companies out they you can see that they are ramping up and pushing out their prep courses already as if they have an inside track on a recruitment drive.

They’re short on numbers with a good chunk due to retire, they will have to have a new recruitment campaign and soon

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Alana123

Do you think that the career service Garda preparation course know when they’ll recruit next? As they’ve posted a few things the last few days ? Does that mean it could be coming soon?

Alana123 wrote: »
    Do you think that the career service Garda preparation course know when they’ll recruit next? As they’ve posted a few things the last few days ? Does that mean it could be coming soon?

Honestly I don’t know but most of these courses are run by ex-guards and if they are spending money marketing their product I think it means they know something, they are reading between the lines and using information we don’t have to get ahead of the game.

I do think another recruitment campaign is coming and soon

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Rich_ccfc

How long is the medical valid for ? Is it 1 year or 2 ? Mine is up on the 26th of june.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 lg.cardonha

Rich_ccfc wrote: »
    How long is the medical valid for ? Is it 1 year or 2 ? Mine is up on the 26th of june.

are you from 2018 or 2019 campaing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭ClaireMcGrath

I emailed HRM a few weeks ago with that question - this is the reply they sent me:

The medical examination covers for one year if there are no changes in your medical history. You may be required to undertake a medical with your GP between 1 year and 18 months. This is to ensure that your medical history has not updated since your original medical. After 18 months you will be required to undertake a new medical examination.

I emailed HRM a few weeks ago with that question - this is the reply they sent me:

The medical examination covers for one year if there are no changes in your medical history. You may be required to undertake a medical with your GP between 1 year and 18 months. This is to ensure that your medical history has not updated since your original medical. After 18 months you will be required to undertake a new medical examination.

any info on having to re-do the physical ?

any info on having to re-do the physical ?

Yup - asked that question too :D

You will not be required to pass a Physical Competence Test at the recruitment stage again. Please be aware all Garda trainees are required to pass numerous fitness tests once they are training in the college. Garda Trainees are expected to have the required level of fitness to pass physical tests.

Basically, the PCT doesn't 'run out' like a medical does. You will not be required to complete the PCT again so long as you've passed it already - ie: not due a retest. You'll have to pass it again during your training in Templemore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AF96DUB

anyone have a ball park idea of when they're going to get medicals going again? Due to re-do mine this month

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AD07

AF96DUB wrote: »
    anyone have a ball park idea of when they're going to get medicals going again? Due to re-do mine this month

I think someone mentioned that the in Templemore Garda’s that were sent to stations were starting back in Templemore in June so maybe soon

Inquired today about my application. I applied in 2018 and like many others my vetting was outstanding. Today I was told that it is back and my file is being sent for final review. Are you meant to receive and email of them to clarify this or what is the story. Been told so many things the last few months

Inquired today about my application. I applied in 2018 and like many others my vetting was outstanding. Today I was told that it is back and my file is being sent for final review. Are you meant to receive and email of them to clarify this or what is the story. Been told so many things the last few months

No, you probably won't get an email to clarify much of anything I'm afraid. But the good news is at least you've gotten a definite answer about your vetting! Things are looking up - with any bit of luck, you'll have an email on Friday for the intake on the 22nd of June :)

If not, then one of the further intakes this year (there will be more, no concrete dates yet, but HRM told me that they planned several more intakes this year) - but this is definitely good news for you :)

No, you probably won't get an email to clarify much of anything I'm afraid. But the good news is at least you've gotten a definite answer about your vetting! Things are looking up - with any bit of luck, you'll have an email on Friday for the intake on the 22nd of June :)

If not, then one of the further intakes this year (there will be more, no concrete dates yet, but HRM told me that they planned several more intakes this year) - but this is definitely good news for you :)

I just hope the answer they gave me was correct. Been told so many things over the last number of months. If they sent me an email saying the vetting is back and your application is being finalised then I would sleep soundly 🀣🀣

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jc1188

Is there a WhatsApp group for those starting on the 22nd June

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 4572h

What does final checks mean is that waiting to be signed off by commissioner?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭St.Brigids

4572h wrote: »
    What does final checks mean is that waiting to be signed off by commissioner?

Yes this is the email I got before I received offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 4572h

St.Brigids wrote: »
    Yes this is the email I got before I received offer.

Were you waiting long after for an offer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭St.Brigids

4572h wrote: »
    Were you waiting long after for an offer?

Just over a week

Advertisement