Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Growth on cat's head

Options
  • 31-05-2020 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I'm attaching a pic of a feral cat who lives on my decking (his name is Decky :pac:). He has a little white growth just below his left ear (see pic). Any idea what this might be? Hopefully it's harmless. I did catch him once before to get him neutered but he keeps his distance now, so getting him to a vet might be tricky, especially during Covid.

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

Did it appear relatively suddenly? From the photo it looks like a tick. Worth getting him to a vet in the meantime, quite a few are doing consultations over the phone and the fact you can provide a photo might help them help you without having to bring him in.

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Registered Users Posts: 21,428 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Yes, looks like a really big tick to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Thanks for replying. Yeah, I think it is a tick. I looked it up on youtube after your advice: don't think I'll be able to remove it myself, but I might be able to trap him and get him to the vets. I'll call them tomorrow to see if they would let me come in.

:)

Advertisement