Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone tried to get a chargeback for flight cancellation?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭paddy19

copy from one and only refund thread:
    BOI Mastercard chargeback hit my account today.
    Sent the chargeback form to BOI a couple of days after my Ryanair flights were cancelled, only took 3 weeks from cancellation to refund

Excellent.

Fair dues to B of I they are showing the rest of the banks that there
    is no need for these nonsensical 30 day waits and all that crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

I got a quick chargeback from Bank Of Ireland for Flybe flights. No issues at all. Thanks BOI!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,021 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Sheridan81 wrote: »
    I got a quick chargeback from Bank Of Ireland for Flybe flights. No issues at all. Thanks BOI!

Everyone refunded quickly for Flybe, airline no longer exists so was clear as day. Flights cancelled due to Covid are a whole other matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

manster wrote: »
    Rang Avantcard, spoke to a lovely lady working from home. Told her my story about Ryanair cancelling flight and offering voucher when I asked for a cash refund. Gave flight details, was asked to forward on emails received so far (flight cancellation and email offering voucher) to a specific email address. Told wait 30 days and expect a refund. Mastercard

Update: I sent the above post on 23rd April. Checked my online credit card transactions and 2 credits were added on 28th May. Fair play to Avantcard and MasterCard. Well done too to the helpful posters on this thread. Chargeback is the way to go

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Ryanair have sent me an email to say that they are working through their backlog. Has anybody received refunds from them yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭limabromac

Ryanair have sent me an email to say that they are working through their backlog. Has anybody received refunds from them yet?

On "The one and only refund thread" (page 50 onwards) some people have had a direct refund from ryanair...their flights were March. ...

A little update... I called AIB this morning to see if there was any new news on my chargeback dispute from ryanair.... I started this on the 21st April...the CSA said that it had been approved and that I would see it crediting my card account soon.... Am I in shock, yes....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I received a letter from KBC yesterday telling me my chargeback against Transavia has been provisionally approved pending they receive my proof of requesting a refund from the airline. They will rescind the refund if I don't get them this within 14 days. I emailed it to them last week though and actually haven't gotten any money back off them yet... Standard fare from KBC but having something in writing saying my case has been approved is promising.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,400 ✭✭✭VG31

I just had a very positive chargeback experience with Revolut for my Aer Lingus flight in August that was cancelled a month ago.

I applied for a chargeback on 25 May and Revolut contacted me in the chat today to inform me that they had issued an advance refund. They said that Aer Lingus has 48 days to respond and if they don't respond the case will automatically be marked as won. Presumably this is the last I will hear of it as I highly doubt Aer Lingus will dispute it.

I'm very impressed with the speed that I got my money back. I only did a chargeback once before with Revolut (about a year ago) and I had to wait the full 48 days before I received the refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Mad how the banks have staff available to process chargebacks but Ryanair can't figure it out for refunds!

• Advertisement

Chargeback hit the account today..all sorted with AIB!! : )

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭syndrome777

limabromac wrote: »

I got 3 out of 6 mine form AIB yday.
    They received my documents on 27th.

Not sure why only 3 and not all, but this was very quick so I will give them a few days before I ring and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

limabromac wrote: »

Me too. :)

Got mine yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Anyone successful with a Ulster Bank Debit Card chargeback, no news since I applied May 5th for a Ryanair one?

Anyone successful with a Ulster Bank Debit Card chargeback, no news since I applied May 5th for a Ryanair one?

Mine was with AIB however it was a six week wait before I heard anything...so you might here in the next few days or maybe give them a call to see how far along your dispute is...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭sk8board

Good to see chargebacks starting to happen. I have €3,900 of family flights with aer lingus and Virgin Atlantic booked this July via Budgetair, using my Avantcard.

Haven’t heard a thing from any of them yet, but no doubt it’ll end up in a chargeback, and I need that money back for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Ciaranis

Over a week later I got a letter from KBC in Dublin saying they needed me to sign some form merely to just start the process, and made me mail the same proof of purchase/cancellation that I had already emailed them. The letter stated I had 14 days to reply or they wouldn't investigate the claim for me but the letter they sent me was dated over a week old by the time I actually got it. I replied the next day anyway and have heard nothing since. Any dealings I've had with KBC previously have been woeful so I'm not holding my breath here.

I rang KBC card services about doing a chargeback on Transavia in April. They told me to email proof of purchase and cancellation without refund and I should get the money back in a few days.

Worst bank in the country by some distance. I joined them for the good (by woeful Irish standards) mortgage interest rates but I deeply regret it. You can't even view your mortgage account online (this despite their lofty claims to be an online-only bank)

Ciaranis wrote: »
    Worst bank in the country by some distance. I joined them for the good (by woeful Irish standards) mortgage interest rates but I deeply regret it. You can't even view your mortgage account online (this despite their lofty claims to be an online-only bank)

I once sold a guitar for €700 cash and didn't want that money lying around my apartment. When I went to one of their branches I was told they were a cashless bank and there was no way to pay cash into a KBC current account in Ireland, in any branch. Their advice to me was to actually pay it into a savings account with a different bank if I had one and then transfer it across.

I'm the same with the mortgage, will hopefully be trading up soon and then can be rid of them. No sign of the chargeback money yet either...

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭syndrome777

just got a letter from AIB asking for additional documentation. Letter sent 02/06. I got it today 08/06. In the letter said I have 7 days to provide with docs. Insane. Why don't they just email like normal people.

Doc I sent them originally took 7 days to get there. How do they think it's ok to send letter in current situation where everything is delayed due to social distancing.

just got a letter from AIB asking for additional documentation. Letter sent 02/06. I got it today 08/06. In the letter said I have 7 days to provide with docs. Insane. Why don't they just email like normal people.

Doc I sent them originally took 7 days to get there. How do they think it's ok to send letter in current situation where everything is delayed due to social distancing.

Ring the credit card team tomorrow and say you would like to send the details by email and they will give you an email address to send your info too... I did this and they came back with an email address "charge.back@aib.ie" and I was able to give them all my "proof"...
    You have to ring first though as they have to allow you to email...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

My chargeback against Aer Lingus is in progress with my German bank. I've received two letters from them so far requesting more information and then advising me that they will get back to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

I have one pending with AvantCard but they clearly did not want to process in the first place, when i explained that the booking was paid for by me but the voucher would be issued to another person they processed but only after i called a few times.
    My understanding of AvantCard is when it is entered as dispute is the merchant has to process in 30 days.
    It was originally entered on May 19 so i will likely hear something in a few days.

Another one to watch for is parking, i had parking with Quickpark and fallowed link to cancel and refund was confirmed.
    However the funds were not refunded to my card as i write, i have also given this to AvantCard..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

My German bank has provisionally credited my credit card account with the €518. I suppose Aer Lingus must dispute my charge back within x days and assuming they don't the credit will be permanent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭sk8board

sk8board wrote: »
    Good to see chargebacks starting to happen. I have €3,900 of family flights with aer lingus and Virgin Atlantic booked this July via Budgetair, using my Avantcard.

Haven’t heard a thing from any of them yet, but no doubt it’ll end up in a chargeback, and I need that money back for sure!

so I heard from Budgetair today, see below. However, the section to 'click here' to apply for a refund contains no link(!), the email itself says they don't reply to email, theres no answer from the phone line after holding for 1hr 40min and they have no active twitter.

Thoughts? Straight to chargeback with Avantcard?

"Dear Valued Customer,

Due to the current Covid-19 situation the airline has grounded their flights.
    At the moment the airline is offering a credit for the value of your ticket to be used for future date travel – when their services resume.
    Alternatively, the airline is offering a full refund/partial refund on any tickets where the OUTBOUND/INBOUND flights have been suspended or cancelled by the airline.
    This can take approx.. 12 months to be processed by the airline.

If you wish to apply for a refund please click here to request a refund.

Any replies to this email will not be monitored.

Kind Regards

The BudgetAir.ie Team"

the 'click here' section and all surrounding text contains no link. Indeed the whole email contains no link, I've searched every pixel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Sounds like a straight chargeback if they are making it awkward to get your money. Ryanair have been poor but that seems a lot worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭sector_000

Well fair play to Ryanair, after filling out the relevant forms requesting cash refunds and getting the voucher email run-around, they finally came thru with refunds.

First of 3 sets of flights has been refunded back to credit card :-)
    And emails received for the other 2 flights saying that refunds will be issued within 10 days.
    Thanks Ryanair! And I will be flying with you many times over the next few decades.

I received a letter from KBC yesterday telling me my chargeback against Transavia has been provisionally approved pending they receive my proof of requesting a refund from the airline. They will rescind the refund if I don't get them this within 14 days. I emailed it to them last week though and actually haven't gotten any money back off them yet... Standard fare from KBC but having something in writing saying my case has been approved is promising.

Surprise surprise nothing from KBC yet. I spoke to them 3 weeks ago and they said they'd create the chargeback that week. Then again last Friday after nothing happened where they'd confirmed that nothing had been done, but they'd create the chargeback that day. Every time you call them too the person on the other end of the phone claims they can't see anything about the case other than what documents have been received. Completely useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭mrperty2011

Did anyone get refund back off quickpark yet? Applied in May. Got a response a few weeks ago account office opening first week of July.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Did anyone get refund back off quickpark yet? Applied in May. Got a response a few weeks ago account office opening first week of July.

I did my refund the week of the initial shut down. Had the refund the next day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

I have one pending with AvantCard but they clearly did not want to process in the first place, when i explained that the booking was paid for by me but the voucher would be issued to another person they processed but only after i called a few times.
    My understanding of AvantCard is when it is entered as dispute is the merchant has to process in 30 days.
    It was originally entered on May 19 so i will likely hear something in a few days.

Another one to watch for is parking, i had parking with Quickpark and fallowed link to cancel and refund was confirmed.
    However the funds were not refunded to my card as i write, i have also given this to AvantCard..

Both of these confirmed as refunded in recent days...

Advertisement