Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closest thing to this

Options
  • 25-04-2020 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭

Basically, I am looking into doing a bit of singing, nothing major just at home.
    I have been recommended this:
    https://www.amazon.in/PALCO-Guitar-Amplifier-with-Gain/dp/B0148Y63Y0

Now, noone sells these, Ive looked, but the most similar thing with 25Watt and that has treble, bass and gain, I found are these
    -Fender Champion 40 Combo
    -Marshall Code 25
    -Fender Mustang GT 40
    -Fender Champion 50 XL
    -Fender Rumble 15

Which of these, if someone can recommend, matches the features, in the link I am after, or if there is an alternative or other cheaper option, but that has all the things I need which the one in the link has, please recommend. My budget is 150E. I found the Marshall Code 25, for 70E, someone close to me selling, but I am not sure, if that will match with the one I have mentioned in the link.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Are you using a guitar?

The amps you've picked are all random one is even a bass amp!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

beauf wrote: »
    Are you using a guitar?

The amps you've picked are all random one is even a bass amp!

Yeah lol I made a mistake in regards, to that.

I am looking to practise some karaoke/singing at home, so nothing very big.

I was recommended the following(updated):

-Alto TX8 100E
    -Yamaha MG10XU 200E
    -Mic PG48, although he recomments the SM58, better option. 50E/100E
    - Jack to Jack XLR cable X4. 10$

Now, the cheapest place I found selling them all, and believe me I searched lo. was a total 415 quid for all 4.

My question is, is there any cheaper alternatives ?
    The most expensive piece of equipment is the Yamaha, I was wondering, maybe I buy the other stuff, and there could be cheaper alternatives to the Mixer ?

Much appreciated.

So far, I have done some asking around, and was told for a mixer, the cheaper alternative would be Alesis Multimix4, but would that be similar to Amoon AM-228?
    Also for the mic, I was told maybe to try Behringer XM8500.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Can't help you with singing. Know nothing about it.

beauf wrote: »
    Can't help you with singing. Know nothing about it.

no worries, thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

I was recommended the following(updated):

-Alto TX8 100E
    -Yamaha MG10XU 200E
    -Mic PG48, although he recomments the SM58, better option. 50E/100E
    - Jack to Jack XLR cable X4. 10$

That setup is a step above a bit of practicing at home.

The PA is 280W, way more than needed for home use.
    Why do you need a 10 channel mixer?

That's more like a small gig setup. Maybe you want to buy with a plan for the future.
    For now any practice amp (guitar/acoustic/key/whatever) and a little 2/3 channel mixer would do something similar.
    Microphone in one channel, backing track in the other.

Some practice amps have mic in and line in, so you could do it all in one box.

It all depends how cheap you want to do it initially.

• Advertisement

noby wrote: »
    That setup is a step above a bit of practicing at home.

The PA is 280W, way more than needed for home use.
    Why do you need a 10 channel mixer?

That's more like a small gig setup. Maybe you want to buy with a plan for the future.
    For now any practice amp (guitar/acoustic/key/whatever) and a little 2/3 channel mixer would do something similar.
    Microphone in one channel, backing track in the other.

Some practice amps have mic in and line in, so you could do it all in one box.

It all depends how cheap you want to do it initially.

Thank you, yh tbh I was thinking the exact same, I am new to sound systems etc and once I saw the yamaha mixer and the price of some of that microphone, I was like lol I am just looking for something at home, not starting the next rolling stones or something lol. its just home usage, and practising, live perfomance(which I do sometimes) I use the organisers systems. So I would never be taking these out. But at the same time, I would like to be as good as possible for a reasonable price, because I want to practise on something good as you can imagine.

Then how does this sound to you:
    -Behringer XM8500 mic
    -Alesis Multimix4
    -Boss DD3

-As for the pa/amp, this is what I am most having trouble with. The only thing which I require the minimum is gain, treble and bass. And was told the RMS should be min 300. But I am having trouble finding such, that has all these features below 150 quid :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭endacl

This may sound flippant. I don't mean it to.

If you're just practising for karaoke at home all you really need is a small bluetooth speaker, a streaming source with your backing tracks, and an old hairbrush as a 'microphone'.

If you're determined to use a stand in PA, something like the Roland Street Cube would have the inputs you need. An XLR for whatever mike you settle on, and a line in for your backing tracks.

https://www.roland.com/en-ch/products/cube_street/

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭endacl

-Boss DD3(
    What do you think you need a delay pedal for?!? :confused:

The amp I linked above has built in effects. There's your delay and reverb.

endacl wrote: »
    This may sound flippant. I don't mean it to.

If you're just practising for karaoke at home all you really need is a small bluetooth speaker, a streaming source with your backing tracks, and an old hairbrush as a 'microphone'.

If you're determined to use a stand in PA, something like the Roland Street Cube would have the inputs you need. An XLR for whatever mike you settle on, and a line in for your backing tracks.

https://www.roland.com/en-ch/products/cube_street/

:D:D:D
    You are right lol.

It's a bit hard to describe it, but yes I would be practising at home, but lol, I guess you can say itl be on my own, and also performing at home with a crowd of 20/30 at home functions. Hence the reason why I am looking for a bit more. I don't really need a stand, I have one already, I just am more comfortable with the mic in my hands. Yeah!! thank you, Ill look into the Roland Street Cube.

endacl wrote: »
    What do you think you need a delay pedal for?!? :confused:

The amp I linked above has built in effects. There's your delay and reverb.

Lol I don't really know, was just recommended by a friend of a friend, who does sound systems and stuff. He told me, after I get these stuff he'd teach me how to use them when I am singing and where they come to play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Again, 300 rms is way over spec for your living room.

Enda's spot on - the cube is the buskers choice, so perfect for practice, and enough in it for performing in front of a few people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

AER slope...if you can afford it.

Hey there, just to bump the thread, so I ended up going with this:
    I got a very nice deal for these lot. It arrived yesterday morning, I've tried setting it up, the microphone connect to the speaker no problem. But how do I connect the pedal?
    Would I need a mixer or some sort of cable.

Any help greatly appreciated it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,008 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

It depends on what you want the pedal for- is it for the vocals or for a guitar?
    Generally that type of pedal is for guitar/bass so you would need a lead from the guitar into the Input jack, and a lead from the Output jack into a guitar amp.

If you want to use it for vocals, the microphone is plugged into the Input side of the delay pedal and then a lead from the Output jack to your TX208.
    You may need adapters to get the mike lead to fit onto the delay pedal though. Microphone (XLR) connections are different to instrument connections so something like this or this might help you

It's not an ideal way to handle vocals though, but then I've never used a delay pedal before so maybe it will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

You'll need an unbalanced female XLR to Jack cable to connect the mic to the DD-3.

That's the connector that goes into the mic on one end with a 6.35mm Jack that only has a tip and sleeve connection. Most you see will be "TRS" or balanced, these won't work with the DD-3 IIRC. Without getting into the technical elements of it, the pedal requires there to be no "ring" on the cable in order to switch the battery on.

Then you need the same cable but this time with a male XLR instead of female, like the cable Gaspode linked to above, in order to go from the DD-3 to your speaker.

The signal coming from your mic will be about 6 times quieter than what the pedal expects. The pedal may or may not handle this OK. There could be enough gain at the pedal input for this to work OK for you but you may need a mic pre-amp to boost the mic level a little
    for you.

Advertisement