Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Louis Theroux to launch his first podcast

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

I listened to this during the week. I enjoyed it. Found Louis very easy to listen too. I won’t lie I had to google the person he was interviewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

bigron2109 wrote: »
    I listened to this during the week. I enjoyed it. Found Louis very easy to listen too. I won’t lie I had to google the person he was interviewing.

Jon Ronson is great.

I highly recommend his books.

He has a few podcast series' himself on Audible. Last Days of August is particularly good.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Arghus wrote: »
    Jon Ronson is great.

I highly recommend his books.

He has a few podcast series' himself on Audible. Last Days of August is particularly good.

Agreed. I've read all his books, they are excellent. Very similar style to Louis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

I enjoyed the second episode with Boy George more than the Jon Ronson one. I don’t know who Jon ronson is (forgive my ignorance) so the episode was fairly meaningless to me, although I am a big fan of all things Louis Theroux. I was disappointed at the end of episode 2, I’d definitely like to hear more from him.

Yeah, the Boy George interview was good, even though I couldn't care less about Boy George. Louis just knows how to talk to people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

I’ve enjoyed them all to be honest. The Boy George one was very good. As pointed out Louis knows how to talk to people and they are such a easy listen to as well.

Yeah, they've all been good so far. Louis is brilliant at getting them to open up and a lot of his stories about himself are hillarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

I groaned when I saw his third guest was Helena BC but I was pleasantly surprised by the podcast episode. She was very interesting and I’ve changed my opinion on her.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

I groaned when I saw his third guest was Helena BC but I was pleasantly surprised by the podcast episode. She was very interesting and I’ve changed my opinion on her.

I liked her a lot , not up her on arse at all

• Registered Users Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭GBX

peteeeed wrote: »
    I liked her a lot , not up her on arse at all

I was very surprised too. She was very grounded.

Thoroughly enjoyed the Boy George one as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

The Lenny Henry one was good too, got a lot out of Lenny about his upbringing

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I don't usually listen to interview style podcasts but I like louis so gave it a go. Found it very calming and soothing, he has a great way of allowing his guest to just speak and say their piece without having to interrupt or comment. I hope he continues with it post lockdown

Another great interview this week. They are of decent length too, which helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,934 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Definitely going to listen to this. I fancy the pants off LT.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭omerin

Listened to the last one with Chris o Dowd, painful absolutely painful.

I thought the episode with Troy Deeney was excellent. I have given a few of the more recent ones a skip.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Robert McGrath

Arghus wrote: »
    I thought the episode with Troy Deeney was excellent. I have given a few of the more recent ones a skip.

It was excellent. The best of the bunch.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

omerin wrote: »
    Listened to the last one with Chris o Dowd, painful absolutely painful.

Yeah this episode was very poor.

He mentioned that it was also the final episode of the podcast, not a great way to finish as it was the weakest by far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Genghis

Listened to the Gail Porter. Interesting life, with lots of topics other hosts couldn't handle. Female hair loss, mental disease, recent bereavement. Think Louis's unique talent is how he handles this sort of material.

Worth a listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

The Miriam Margolyes one is well worth a listen. A very straight talker, and there's some interesting talk about her support for Palestine as a Jewish woman.

• Advertisement
Advertisement