Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting back to fishing

Options
  • 09-05-2020 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭

Good morning all. I haven't fished since I was a teenager, best part of 40 now, and my two boys are expressing an interest. I've found my rods, just filled the reels with new line, hoping to wet it this weekend.

I went on the fisheries website, just to see if there were new rules and regulations I should be aware of.

It seems since 2017 that fishing with worms is no longer permitted. Is this the case? As a young fella fishing with my grandfather, minnow and worm made up about 90% of our fishing, with spinning taking up the rest.

If I can't fish with worm, any recommendations on bait?

Thanks in advance

*Edit* I suppose I should clarify, trout fishing, rivers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

I don't think that is accurate with regard fishing with worms. It could be a specific river where they have been restricted perhaps but in general terms they are allowed.

Bubble and fly could be worth trying too if it is bait rods you have.

Posting your general location might allow some to highlight local fisheries, clubs etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭whelzer

Three of my four club waters are fly only now. Two in Leinster, two in Ulster.

Advertisement