Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Train timetable during lockdown

Options
  • 31-05-2020 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Does anybody on here know what restrictions/reductions in train timetable from Kildare town to heuston station are during the week. I assume there is a big alteration to the normal timetable.
    Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

Assuming that you're looking for up to date information and not some kind of compare and contrast against BAU, honestly the journey planner on irishrail.ie is your best source.

And if you're looking for it as a comparison, I'd still expect you'll need to do some leg work yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 wally9

cython wrote: »
    Assuming that you're looking for up to date information and not some kind of compare and contrast against BAU, honestly the journey planner on irishrail.ie is your best source.

And if you're looking for it as a comparison, I'd still expect you'll need to do some leg work yourself.
    I have actually checked their timetable a number of times and there does not appear to be any deviation from the normal scheduled train times but we hear that there is a reduction in service which of course is expected, but where is the revised timetable. That is my dilemma.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

wally9 wrote: »
    I have actually checked their timetable a number of times and there does not appear to be any deviation from the normal scheduled train times but we hear that there is a reduction in service which of course is expected, but where is the revised timetable. That is my dilemma.

That's odd, as I just checked the service near me (Maynooth line) and it definitely reflects a reduction in service at the time that I'd be commuting into town.

Is it possible that the baseline service you're looking at is such that they haven't deemed it worth reducing somehow?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 wally9

cython wrote: »
    That's odd, as I just checked the service near me (Maynooth line) and it definitely reflects a reduction in service at the time that I'd be commuting into town.

Is it possible that the baseline service you're looking at is such that they haven't deemed it worth reducing somehow?
    Ok, fair point, maybe the Irish rail timetable is up to date and adjustments are included. Seems there has not been much of a cut in service if that's the case.

Many thanks for your help, much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,672 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Kildare-Heuston has a few changes but keeps most services. You are down fast services from Waterford and Limerick and some commuter services from Portlaoise.

The website journey planner is up to date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,320 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Does anyone know when the Waterford - dublin timetable will be back to normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,672 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Does anyone know when the Waterford - dublin timetable will be back to normal?

Its bad may as well went for a full suspension of services.

I hope something is done this month to add extra services, will lodge a complaint with NTA next. You couldn't trust IEs monitoring or reviewing procedures and Bus Éireann are full these days.

NTA usually resolve issues quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Drifter50

Does anyone on here have any idea when the Dublin / Sligo service will return to the full timetable. Can`t make the 3pm but there is only one service after that. I thought I heard on the radio that bus and train timetables were returning to normal on Monday 29th but clearly that must have been a Dublin only thing

Advertisement