Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple event-september 9th

Options
  • 04-09-2008 1:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭

if they dont update the macbook pro on the 9th im gonna go asphalt on some hot dogs

if you know what im saying

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

brosps wrote: »
    if they dont update the macbook pro on the 9th im gonna go asphalt on some hot dogs

No, what are you saying?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

brosps wrote: »

All indications point to an iPod refresh. Apple aren't known to launch two separate line changes at the same event like that... So you better prepare your hot dogs and asphalt... or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

I'm starting to think we will see a store upgrade before the event and then maybe a small piece on changes at the ipod event.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

All signs point to 2g ipod touches, 4g nanos, and iTunes 8 (with HD movies and more)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Yeah, only ipods at the event on the 9th. And an even more bloated version of iTunes, hurray! Macbooks will probably get released at a separate event in October, although since it's probably a redesign Apple could drag their heals until January.

And there's already a thread on this below.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

A hard-drive iPod Touch would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cokedrinker

how long after the event are the new ipods likely to be released? Was hoping to have the iphone 3g before i go travelling on the 16th, but might just get a touch in the meantime. New ipods will hardly be out by then?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Last year, I think the Touchs were out in October but it could be earlier this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭atgate

IMHO Deffo no Macbook or MBP redesign.

I think the following:

Major new iPod Nano change.
    Minor iPod Touch change.
    "Major" change (fix) of MobileMe
    and if they can complete the testing in time MobileMe central push tech.
    oh also iDisk on the iPhone

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Any idea what time it is on??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

this is quite big news. i even heard them talking about it on today fm this morning. although they were talking about all sorts of ridiculous things like a subscriptions-service on itunes (oh the hilarity).

A new nano, and a change to the touch will be a pretty significant anti-climax. But I always enjoy Jobs' speeches.

I think it starts at 10 am pacific time which is this evening for us sometime.

asphalt and hot dogs? I have no idea what the hell that means:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

jtsuited wrote: »
    this is quite big news. i even heard them talking about it on today fm this morning. although they were talking about all sorts of ridiculous things like a subscriptions-service on itunes (oh the hilarity).

A new nano, and a change to the touch will be a pretty significant anti-climax. But I always enjoy Jobs' speeches.

asphalt and hot dogs? I have no idea what the hell that means:confused:

Apple love using codewords, I heard a load a while back for one of their products, the conversation was mental to say the least, so chances are the OP is in the know

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Gillo wrote: »
    Apple love using codewords, I heard a load a while back for one of their products, the conversation was mental to say the least, so chances are the OP is in the know

really?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

why the hilarity? iTunes will go down this route eventually. Most analysts were saying they thought that was apples announcement due to Apple saying the announcement would hurt them financially in the short term, so its either a subscription model or big price drops on the iPod line...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

... updated Apple TV/mini?
    Guess not...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

It starts at 18:00 our time.
    why the hilarity? iTunes will go down this route eventually.

Not necessarily - subscription based music stores like Rhapsody and Yahoo Music, Napster, etc have been doing terribly. In fact, Yahoo Music Unlimited ceases operations on the 30th of September -people are just not interested in subscription-based music stores. Which honestly, I don't get because I happen to like this model and used Yahoo Music for quite awhile - a great way to sample new music.

In any case, I very much doubt Apple will announce such a thing today - most likely anything iTunes related will be iTunes 8, with things like the Genius music recommendation system, new visualizations, etc but not much in the way of fundamental changes.

I'm really hoping Steve will pull a mind-blowing "one more thing" but I think it's going to be a pretty underwhelming event with changes to the iPod line and not much more...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

The store is down...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

What site will people be using to follow things this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

All I expect from this event is to be bored off my tits... So instead of reading up on the live blogs I've found this new site which will blow the pants off the apple event. Its edge of ur seat stuff....

http://www.watching-grass-grow.com/

formerly

http://www.watching-paint-dry.com/

I do hope apple would shock me and release something interesting but I doubt it... All I expect is different shape/colour/size ipods, different prices, bigger menus and for them to ship without a usb cable(as I think thats all the do ship with now, compared to the good old days....)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Mac Rumours:
    While we won't be providing live web coverage, we will offer links to all available coverage
    ??

Anyone know where to find coverage?

• Advertisement

What site will people be using to follow things this year?
    Macrumors probably. They have a twitter account for these things. I'm not too bothered though, it's just a glorified press conference not Macworld.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

iTunes 8 and FW 2.1 for the iphone and Touch should be released. I wouldn't be surprised if we'll see the subscription iTunes. The new iPod upgrades seem to be bit of a snooze, nothing exciting by the sound of things.

Starting now...

Here we go. If anyone finds an audio stream please share ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

Just watching the live blog now.

Jeez.....for someone worth a gazillion-billion dollars.....Old Steve is looking a bit rough! :D

He's also not wasting any time. He already onto itunes 8.

iTunes 8... more bloat.

Genius sounds interesting though.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,780 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Christ.. I hope we get something worthwhile!

• Advertisement

Genius sounds intrusive. I don't want my music player analizing me I want it to play my damn music.

Advertisement