Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claiming funds lodged in Court

Options
  • 03-03-2021 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I am going to be in court next month for the first and LAST time and im genuinely petrified. Genuinely thought i would never be standing in front of a judge. It was a very stupid thing i did at a very vulnerable time. Something serious enough to warrant it to go to the circuit court unfortunately.

Weird thing is the circuit court i can get on with but im petrified with the thoughts of the district court. Local ppl and humiliation.

What happens here exactly? What do they say? Or do?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭rhc2s4lj5p0xu9

Cashmenson wrote: »
    I am going to be in court next month for the first and LAST time and im genuinely petrified. Genuinely thought i would never be standing in front of a judge. It was a very stupid thing i did at a very vulnerable time. Something serious enough to warrant it to go to the circuit court unfortunately.

Weird thing is the circuit court i can get on with but im petrified with the thoughts of the district court. Local ppl and humiliation.

Thanks
    It could be the same building and the same people and reporters. You said its circuit court but you are worried about the district court?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

Cashmenson wrote: »

Thanks

You can plead guilty and try get rid of it in district if you get a good solicitor - have money with you to pay fine forthwith - there and then -
    Usually judges will deal sympathetic with people who have no convictions - very important if this behaviour was treated by any professional you need written proof/ Letter - if not your on the adjournment trail - and the more often you appear in court the more likely it will be picked up by the local paper -
    Cases are held in public by default and can be reported on - which can be worse than penalty -
    Unless case is held in camera - family law etc - nothing you can do unfortunately re - it being reported . Best of luck - ( lesser penalties in district )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

It could be the same building and the same people and reporters. You said its circuit court but you are worried about the district court?

Case may be sent forward to circuit - if judge feels it is too serious for him to deal with. - judge / jury

• Registered Users Posts: 7,774 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

You'll wait outside under the current circumstances until your case is called. I've been in court 3 times since Christmas as part of my work, most recently Friday, and it appears that under level 5 no reporters are going in from what I've seen. It's normally just Court staff, prison officers, Gardai, and legal services, and again not all in there at the same time. No members of the public/neighbours in either.
    Get a solicitor.
    Dress smartly.
    Tell the truth.
    You'll be grand.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 44 Alaninwondeand

I did jury service recently and it was a good experience. I came away thinking id ****e myself if I was up before a judge and jury. Are the Public allowed into any court sittings? If so maybe you could walk in and see how things are working.

• Advertisement
Advertisement