Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone recommend a Psychotherapist/Counsellor?

Options
  • 24-03-2012 10:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi Al,

Can anyone recommend a good pyschotherapist/counsellor within the Waterford area ? I am in my early 30's & would like to find a pydcotharapist that is personable and that is a good listener. Its my first time and just am a little weary & nervous as I know its important to get a good recommendation.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭mickob16

St.Bridgids offer free counselling services and have a good reputation.Their number is 051-375261. Best of luck with everything:)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 104 ✭✭dazzymc

Hi,
    I am seeing a great therapist in Bridgetown in Wexford. Not sure if you would like to travel that far but she really is amazing. If you're interested I can send on her details?
    Hope you are well.
    Darren

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Don't be afraid to shop around.Best advice is to meet with a few(shouldn't charge for an initial meeting, if they do ,I'd stay away) and see if you click with the counsellor.Its fairly important that you feel at ease with the person you meet.Some one may recommend one they find great but you mightn't gel with them at all so best to test the waters first.I'd also check out their web sites or flyers and find out what kind of counselling they specialize in, as this is also important depending on what you hope to get out of the meetings.
    I'm a research psychologist myself and think most form of counselling have something to offer depending on the need of the client.Personally, I don't think psychoanalysis has many benefits if you have a serious problem.Its alright for introspection and self exploration,but is fairly outdated compared to other forms of counselling.Freud even said himself that he believed that the only race immune to psychoanalysis were the Irish.
    Good luck with your search and hope every thing works out for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭THEIRISHMOB

Private message sent to you with regard to a great phsycotheripist that works in Waterford and Carlow.

If anyone else wants details just message me.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭deiselack

A friend of mine is seeing Deborah Halley, she has a website, she does CBT and is supposed to be lovely going by what my mate says anyway.

I think she said her office/room is by the Waterford Health Park on Slievekeale somewhere?

http://www.deborahhalley.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

deiselack wrote: »
    A friend of mine is seeing Deborah Halley, she has a website, she does CBT and is supposed to be lovely going by what my mate says anyway.

I think she said her office/room is by the Waterford Health Park on Slievekeale somewhere?

http://www.deborahhalley.com/

Where the Presentation convent is.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 carrieblack

Seeing a great woman for ASD and Aspergers and all things Autism in the edmund rice centre at waterford 0874597652

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

Lots of cowboys (and girls) operating out there. Whoever you go to, make sure that they are suitably qualified and accredited.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Marksul555

A buddy of mine Joe Hendrey is a highly qualified psychotherapist with many years experience working in Ireland and the U.K. He is living in Tramore but covers the southeast, this is his his website southeastcounsellingandpsychotherapyservice

• Registered Users Posts: 17 carrieblack

LucyO2012 wrote: »
    Hi Al,

Can anyone recommend a good pyschotherapist/counsellor within the Waterford area ? I am in my early 30's & would like to find a pydcotharapist that is personable and that is a good listener. Its my first time and just am a little weary & nervous as I know its important to get a good recommendation.

Thanks

Best one I have seen is a woman in the edmund rice centre waterford as I have mentioned before happy to share details if you PM me

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Zombie thread and suspected shilling, thread closed.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement