Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Equality Institute creating awareness on "non-binary & male" menstruation

Options
  • 17-11-2019 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

In a bizarre series of posts from " The Equality Institute", their latest post in particular seems very strange.
    Take a look for yourselves right here:
    https://www.facebook.com/EqualityInstitute/

Are there not more pressing in the issues in the world than to be wasting time pushing this garbage? The same crowd also branded penetration as "part of the Patriarchy" :rolleyes:

Are there any genuine supporters of this type of movement here? as I'd love to hear your viewpoint.:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,394 ✭✭✭NSAman

the only period a man can have is a full stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

I ****ing hate these people.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Actually they only mention periods for trans people and non-binaries (i.e. people born biologically female), not your regular average man.

Actually they only mention periods for trans people and non-binaries (i.e. people born biologically female), not your regular average man.

So...women then?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Ironicname wrote: »
    So...women then?

Depending on your definition, yes.

• Advertisement

The actual definition will suit. Well that's cleared up so.

Well done equality institute. We now know that any person capable of having a period is a woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

splashuum wrote: »
    In a bizarre series of posts from " The Equality Institute", their latest post in particular seems very strange.
    Take a look for yourselves right here:
    https://www.facebook.com/EqualityInstitute/

Are there not more pressing in the issues in the world than to be wasting time pushing this garbage? The same crowd also branded penetration as "part of the Patriarchy" :rolleyes:

Are there any genuine supporters of this type of movement here? as I'd love to hear your viewpoint.:D

Unless you’re in denial about the reality of transgender people, none of this strange at all. And if it doesn’t impact you, then what concern is it to you?

alastair wrote:
    Unless you’re in denial about the reality of transgender people, none of this strange at all. And if it doesn’t impact you, then what concern is it to you?

Excuse me?

The people who are in denial are the ones who know that only women can have periods?

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Excuse me?

The people who are in denial are the ones who know that only women can have periods?

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Yep, you seem to be in denial about transgender people alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

alastair wrote: »

Can a biological male menstruate ?

No .

What a bunch of nonsense been masqueraded as trans rights

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,214 ✭✭✭Augme

Excellent. The weekly trans thread. I'm delighted to see if the usual folk of current affairs have changed their opinion on this since last week. I'll be sure to follow.

alastair wrote:

How so?

Im aware that some people think they should be the opposite sex.

Where's the denial?

Gatling wrote: »
    Can a biological male menstruate ?

No .

Caster Semenya had been designated biologically male by the IAAF, and menstruates. So it’s clearly not so simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Caster Semenya had been designated biologically male by the IAAF, and menstruates. So it’s clearly not so simple.

by all means, lets focus and intersex people or people with massive hormonal imbalances. but thats not what the transgender lobby is about.

How so?

Im aware that some people think they should be the opposite sex.

Where's the denial?

The denial is in the gender description.

by all means, lets focus and intersex people or people with massive hormonal imbalances. but thats not what the transgender lobby is about.

The transgender lobby has nothing to do with the point I was responding to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Gynoid

Had to look them up. Australian crowd. What disturbs me is all the cartoon people - ahem, cartoon women - holding aloft their used tampons, towels and mooncups while they freebleed into their pants - as illustrated. Ewwww. :(

alastair wrote:
    The denial is in the gender description.
    Please explain.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,774 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

The actual definition will suit. Well that's cleared up so.

Well done equality institute. We now know that any person capable of having a period is a woman.

Gone full circle so.

Must be sad for a women knowing that any clown can now put on a dress and society HAS to recognise him as a woman.

Thankfully we are a long way from that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,774 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Must be sad for a women knowing that any clown can now put on a dress and society HAS to recognise him as a woman.

Danny La Rue.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,872 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

So...women then?

‘Female-at-birth’ should satisfy everyone’s understanding?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,872 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Overheal wrote:
    ‘Female-at-birth’ should satisfy everyone’s understanding?

No. That implies that people can choose to no longer be male/female.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

its amazing how people who dont suffer from gender dysphoria are expected to think and act as if they have it by proxy.

this has nothing to do with courtesy. i do and will continue to use requested pronouns as appropriate. but my mind is my mind and no amount of telling me that i should believe untrue things will make it happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

It's impacting us all as members of society who are being told this alternate idea of gender is normal and we are abnormal who don't accept it's "normalcy".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Just shows normal society what a lot of nonsense they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,017 ✭✭✭Odhinn

I'm male, but have had a pain in my gee with a number of things for years. It's time to acknowledge Male Gee Pain as a real problem, particularily with christmas almost upon us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

If you talked about non-binary and pronouns a couple of years ago people would think you were talking about computer coding and grammar.

• Advertisement

Just shows normal society what a lot of nonsense they are.

Who is the ‘they’?

Advertisement