Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

An Post Delivery

• 26-02-2014 3:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Years ago my father agreed after being asked by An Post to install a roadside Postbox which An Post would put our post in and we would collect later. (We live in a rural cul de sac) Now I have built a house in the cul de sac and an Post still put the letters into this post box for the two houses. Can I get my letters delivered to my door? These post boxes are not secure and the post gets damaged and wet in these plus they are a security risk as if I am working/away someone can see if the post is building up. I know that ComReg made a ruling No Compulsory Roadside Letterboxes http://www.comreg.ie/_fileupload/publications/PR130503.pdf but the fact that we have being getting our post in these letterboxes, can we now get it delivered to our door? Thanks for any assistance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭southcentralts

Rip out the box and install one at either house. Job done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

asking An Post would be your first point of contact surely, rather than AH of all places.

Failing that just move your house to the start of the road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Burn down one of the house and steal their address...then collect your post from their box...oh wait.

If you're in a rural area then surely you know the postman. Could you not just ask him yourself, or get your parents to if you're not there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

The big question is do parcels fit in the box at the roadside?

• Advertisement
Advertisement