Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slap in the face with a wet fish!

Options
  • 25-02-2014 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/11034859.Woman_fish_slapped_with_large_bream_in_Accrington_Asda/?ref=var_0

Girl is Irish supposedly..
    POLICE have issued CCTV images of a man and a woman they need to trace after a shop worker was slapped across the face with a fish in an Accrington supermarket.

The incident took place around 3pm on Tuesday 4th February at the Asda store on Hyndburn Road.

The 52 year old victim was working behind the fish counter when a young woman has approached the stall to ask about different fish.

Without warning the woman has picked up a large bream from the fish stall and slapped the worker across the face before running out of the store.

The victim believes the incident was being filmed on a mobile phone by a man stood nearby who also ran from the scene when challenged.

The woman is described as being Irish and aged between 15 and 18 with blonde, shoulder-length untidy hair. She was wearing dark jeans and a blue coat with white cuffs, white down the front and a red collar with ‘I love PB’ on the left breast pocket.

The man is described as being around the same age, 5ft 8 tall, wearing a dark coat and dark grey trousers and boots.

PC Graham Hartley said: “This behaviour is completely unacceptable and I would appeal to anybody that witnessed this incident or recognises either the man or the woman pictured in the CCTV images to come forward and contact me, PC 1183 Hartley on 101.”

queue some great fish puns!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Wow. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭FudgeBrownie

jameshayes wrote: »

queue some great fish puns!

All sounds a bit fishy to me.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Did a Sky Sports commentator write that? The tenses used make no sense.

legal trouble on a large scale..

:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

I thought it was traditional over there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

Looks like he was in the wrong plaice at the wrong time !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

Looks like.....the fish is....

I got nottin :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Aphex

POLICE have issued CCTV images of a man and a woman they need to trace after a shop worker was slapped across the face with a fish in an Accrington supermarket.

The incident took place around 3pm on Tuesday 4th February at the Asda store on Hyndburn Road.

The 52 year old victim was working behind the fish counter when a young woman has approached the stall to ask about different fish.

Without warning the woman has picked up a large bream from the fish stall and slapped the worker across the face before running out of the store.

The victim believes the incident was being filmed on a mobile phone by a man stood nearby who also ran from the scene when challenged.

The woman is described as being Irish and aged between 15 and 18 with blonde, shoulder-length untidy hair. She was wearing dark jeans and a blue coat with white cuffs, white down the front and a red collar with ‘I love PB’ on the left breast pocket.

The man is described as being around the same age, 5ft 8 tall, wearing a dark coat and dark grey trousers and boots.

PC Graham Hartley said: “This behaviour is completely unacceptable and I would appeal to anybody that witnessed this incident or recognises either the man or the woman pictured in the CCTV images to come forward and contact me, PC 1183 Hartley on 101.”

Lock her up immediately!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

What a load of pollocks....for fvcks hake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Pedro K

pebbles21 wrote: »
    Looks like he was in the wrong plaice at the wrong time !

You're some cod you are!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I hake this thread.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

It's neither the time nor the plaice for this sort of malarky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

I wonder what Newstalk's George Hook will have to say about this!

Hook.

You know - like on the end of a fishing line.

No?

I'll tell you what, why don't you guys go fck yourselves.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

this thread smells kinda like vaginas, as the joke goes

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Aphex wrote: »

Is that where Accrington Stanley are based, have we finally solved the mystery of who they are?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭FudgeBrownie

Something about a blind man saying, 'hello ladies!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

this must be the new facebook video fad, its sole purpose is to give salmon a slap and see their trout pout

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Did a Sky Sports commentator write that? The tenses used make no sense.

I have agreed with this post

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

bluewolf wrote: »
    I have agreed with this post

well.... you have

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Stupid little bitch. I'd love to slap her across the face with the sole of my shoe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

/slap jameshayes

Ruubot2 slaps jameshayes around a bit with a large trout

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Yer wan is a doirty slapper!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

All these puns are giving me a haddock.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

One of our own doing us proud, yet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

Good Evening Ladies. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

It'll be a total fluke if she gets away with this, but I hope she gets knocked off her perch.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

Funny, it's usually the fish that gets battered...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

I love Peanut Butter too, but I'm not sure I'd wear a badge proclaiming my love of Peanut Butter though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Stavros Murphy

Victim? Lol. Someone set up a support Group, quick. "It happned in a flash, I was standing there, iceing the pollock, when wham! A Bream in the kisser and down I went. My life flashed before my eyes. I'm lucky to be alive - if she'd picked a Cod, I'd be a gonner".

Advertisement