Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lee Rigby murderers sentenced

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭joe swanson

There is a severe need in this country for these sort of sentences. Justice has been done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

the inmates will have a field day with these pair of cowardly b@stards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

They'd have done less than 15 here I'd say ,
    Consider that raping murdering, child killing arsonist from a few years back who raped and murdered A young mother then burned down the house with her 2 children inside ,
    He was given multiple life sentences only to be appealed on the idea that one man can only serve one life sentence and guess what the court of appeal agreed and sided with the scum ,
    Were afraid of justice here bacause of a few idiots of preach criminals human Rights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭131spanner

Here they'd be sentenced to 15, serve twelve and commit the same crime again in Summer 2026.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

131spanner wrote: »
    Here they'd be sentenced to 15, serve twelve and commit the same crime again in Summer 2026.

To correct a misconception, in Ireland the only and I mean only sentence that a judge can give for murder is mandatory life, that is life as far as the judge is concerned. A judge can not allow a convicted murder out of prison before he is dead, that's the job of the Minister for justice.

• Advertisement

infosys wrote: »
    To correct a misconception, in Ireland the only and I mean only sentence that a judge can give for murder is mandatory life, that is life as far as the judge is concerned. A judge can not allow a convicted murder out of prison before he is dead, that's the job of the Minister for justice.

Judge gives mandatory life court of appeal throws it out and reduces the sentence sad fact of life for our court and justice system overall

Gatling wrote: »
    They'd have done less than 15 here I'd say ,
    Consider that raping murdering, child killing arsonist from a few years back who raped and murdered A young mother then burned down the house with her 2 children inside ,
    He was given multiple life sentences only to be appealed on the idea that one man can only serve one life sentence and guess what the court of appeal agreed and sided with the scum ,
    Were afraid of justice here bacause of a few idiots of preach criminals human Rights

If a murder serves less than a full life sentence in jail, that is because that murder was released by the Minister for Justice on the advice of a parole board.

The reason the court of appeal agreed is that only one life sentence can be served, unlike the US which give life but mean 15 years by giving multiple life sentences they can be served one after the other. That is not possible here as the judge has no say on the release or minimum tariff.

And if it happened here there'd be someone on a UK newspaper site saying "If that happened here they'd be out in a week".

If a murder serves less than a full life sentence in jail, that is because that murder was released by the Minister for Justice on the advice of a parole board.

The reason the court of appeal agreed is that only one life sentence can be served, unlike the US which give life but mean 15 years by giving multiple life sentences they can be served one after the other. That is not possible here as the judge has no say on the release or minimum tariff.

Here lies one of the major problems

Judge gives mandatory life court of appeal throws it out and reduces the sentence sad fact of life for our court and justice system overall

What part of mandatory don't you get, the Court of Appeal can not reduce a life sentence for murder its not rocket science mandatory life sentence is exactly that. If you have an issue with murders being released after the average of about 19 years blame the Dail and the minister.

• Advertisement

Here lies one of the major problems

Then give out about minister for justice and Dail, you can't blame the judges for this one.

What part of mandatory don't you get, the Court of Appeal can not reduce a life sentence for murder its not rocket science mandatory life sentence is exactly that. If you have an issue with murders being released after the average of about 19 years blame the Dail and the minister.

The whole system here is a joke sorry but its true
    Including mandatory sentences which I believe is at times completely discressionary to the judge depending on situations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Hope they both get brutally murdered in prison. Such a pity the death sentence isn't around for ****ers like that.

The whole system here is a joke sorry but its true
    Including mandatory sentences which I believe is at times completely discressionary to the judge depending on situations

The only mandatory that is not discretionary is murder, simple. Section 15 (a) carries a mandatory 10 years but gives the judge wide latitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

DarkJager wrote: »
    Hope they both get brutally murdered in prison. Such a pity the death sentence isn't around for ****ers like that.

I understand the sentiment, but I just don't agree. If they are harmed in prison, I would take no satisfaction from it at all.

What makes us better than these guys, in my view, is that we don't do to them what they have done to others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

Good to see justice done.

Good to see justice done.

Ah now, I think trying to cut his head off was a bit much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

The cnts were shouting comments about Britain... no bother to them living there though. :rolleyes:

The cnts were shouting comments about Britain... no bother to them living there though. :rolleyes:
    These two are at the almost unbelievable end of the spectrum but I can see the logic in a no-such-thing-an-off-duty-soldier argument.

A bit like that knob wearing the Celtic jersey protesting against soccer being played in Croker....only much more sinister.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Pug160

I understand the sentiment, but I just don't agree. If they are harmed in prison, I would take no satisfaction from it at all.

What makes us better than these guys, in my view, is that we don't do to them what they have done to others.

It wouldn't be us though. They'd be living by the sword and dying by it if that were to happen. As long as the jail isn't one of those so called holiday camps and is a proper jail, then that should hopefully be enough punishment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

We should do it to them to send a message that they too can be subjected to that barbarism. This "religion of peace" is nothing but a facade for mentally deranged imbeciles to wage such atrocities because their religion demands it. Look at the school attack in Nigeria yesterday by Boko Harem, another offshoot group of these *****. Children burned alive and having their throats slit simply for having "western education".

How do you justify pure and utter barbarism like that? There's no excuse for it. The West should treat these groups like the parasitic vermin they are and destroy every one of them when the opportunities arise. Never mind trials and courts, the punishment should be instant death in the same manner they exacted on their victims.

DarkJager wrote: »
    We should do it to them to send a message that they too can be subjected to that barbarism. This "religion of peace" is nothing but a facade for mentally deranged imbeciles to wage such atrocities because their religion demands it. Look at the school attack in Nigeria yesterday by Boko Harem, another offshoot group of these *****. Children burned alive and having their throats slit simply for having "western education".

How do you justify pure and utter barbarism like that? There's no excuse for it. The West should treat these groups like the parasitic vermin they are and destroy every one of them when the opportunities arise. Never mind trials and courts, the punishment should be instant death in the same manner they exacted on their victims.

I wish you would get off that fence and tell us exactly how you feel :D:D:D

But seriously, never mind trials and courts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

The two cnuts had to be restrained while police had to deal with a number of far right protesters outside. What the fcuk is the world coming to?

They were shot! Well I know at least one of them was anyway. They ran at armed police with knives and got shot.

Absolute lunatics! Brainwashed extremists. They'll never be released anyway.

Advertisement