Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any idea what may be causing a particular uTorrent file to suddenly stop downloading?

Options
  • 19-11-2019 8:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

I'm studying in Russia at the moment, and we were asked by one of our lecturers to download a set of handbooks for a subject, of which there were torrents available from the site vk. All my fellow classmates managed to successfully download the file a couple of weeks ago, but mine (which was downloading fine at the beginning) has stopped at 15%. I guess I'll end up having to ask someone to pass the material to me, but I would like to get an idea what the issue may be.

Thanks in advance for any reply!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,315 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

if no one is seeding then you can't leech

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭TimeUp

Skerries wrote: »
    if no one is seeding then you can't leech

Ok, I get it, but is it logical that it download to 15% real fast then suddenly stop?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,831 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

TimeUp wrote:
    Ok, I get it, but is it logical that it download to 15% real fast then suddenly stop?

Yea seeders can all of a sudden pull the plug

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

TimeUp wrote: »

That's exactly how it works, if the only person seeding disconnects, it has no where to get the file so instant stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭TimeUp

It's almost as if the person preventing me from downloading the file had read me lol

As soon as I open the program after having read the answers to the topic, the file resumes downloading full speed. And I swear it had been frozen for over a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,831 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

TimeUp wrote: »
    It's almost as if the person preventing me from downloading the file had read me lol

As soon as I open the program after having read the answers to the topic, the file resumes downloading full speed. And I swear it had been frozen for over a week.

happy days, hopefully you get it in full now, ive had to give up on many downloads

Advertisement